Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Just a vent

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:06 am
ok so I start every pregnancy 20 pounds heavier than the previous.

obviously I have zero discipline when it comes to food and seem to have other priorities than eating less/exercising.

that being said I do eat healthy and serve healthy food, a lot of fresh fruit/vegetables, low fat proteins, whole wheat starches etc... (but I dont move enough and like to nosh also portion sizes are a big issue)

my dh and children seem to enjoy the balanced diet and dont have weight problems at all b´´H.

dh doesnt mind how I look, and to be very honest unfortunately it doesnt bother me enough to do something about it, BUT

im 33 and I feel as if I was 83.

my back hurts teriibly, eventhough I run around all day and I am active (work full time, household, kids ) , I believe im out of breath quicker than others, im very pale, I have migraines etc...

im sure if I lost weight or if at least I got healthier (workout for my back, massages for headache, skincare, cardio exercise for the muscles and the circulation/blood pressure) I WOULD FEEL MUCH BETTER FRESHER YOUNGER.

im currently expecting, and last time I was pregnant I had a miscarriage (and during that previous pregnagcy I actually did a lot of sports)..so im kinda scared to do more exercise now...

I just hope I will take care of my back/head/bp after the birth !!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:09 am
Speak to your doctor. What you weigh is more about what you eat, then how much you exercise.

Having said that, the body does need to be exercised. It's important for the heart and cholesterol and the brain, plus a ton of other benefits.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:13 am
thank you chocolate moose for the advice.

I expect him to simply tell me I should eat less and exercise Smile

isnt that what you do when you should loose weight?

but ill mention it next time ill see him.

all the best Smile

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:14 am
After the baby, get a full blood workup. Check your thyroid and other metabolic stuff. Consider non hormonal bc. Pregnancy- especially a bunch back to back- can really throw your metabolism out of whack.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:16 am
And no, it's not just about eating less and exercising more. If it were that simple, no one but the absolute laziest would ever be fat.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 6:00 pm
Are you drinking enough water?
A lot of times I feel tired and have migraines because I'm dehydrated.
Also, my back hurts more when I don't drink enough water.
Also, I heard one is 500% more successful at losing weight just by drinking enough water.
The rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water.
So, if you are 140lbs, you should be drinking 70oz of water daily.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 6:43 pm
Look into the Whole30.

Make sure to follow the template strictly for meals and maybe eliminate nuts/dried fruit if those are foods without brakes for you (as they are for a lot of people). Oh, and DRINK, and SLEEP - these 2 things are way more key than you might expect.

Super healthy for pregnancy, btw.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 10:27 am
Cut down or eliminate sugar and carb heavy foods. Including sugary fruits. This helped me tremendously.
You will automatically lose weight and feel more energetic.
Also, drink lots of water.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
Look into the Whole30.

Make sure to follow the template strictly for meals and maybe eliminate nuts/dried fruit if those are foods without brakes for you (as they are for a lot of people). Oh, and DRINK, and SLEEP - these 2 things are way more key than you might expect.

Super healthy for pregnancy, btw.

I love the whole 30
I feel like I finally found what works and I can do it.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 10:42 am
wow thank you.

so many good advices!!! I love reading your replies Smile

I will google whole 30 now, ok?

and yes dried foods are like drugs: you start with one piece and dont stop till the bag is empty. I love dried fruit. I dont buy it often though because I cant controll my portions. or I buy a small bag and share with my kids Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise