Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
S/o- write one positive thing abt your challenging dc
1  2  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 12:58 pm
Can we write something nice about our challenging dc?

I'll start.

DD played nicely with a neighbor who came to play for half hour. I know that's hard for her and I'm very proud of her.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:07 pm
YES. This is so needed.
My son got dressed today without any issues at all. Huge victory and huge relief Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:19 pm
She is absolutely loyal, and completely selfless with her friends. She would give away the shirt off her back and her last penny, if she thought someone needed it more than she did.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:51 pm
We should really do this every day!

My son is so brave and strong for facing the world every day even though literally everything is so challenging for him.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:53 pm
He has a heart of gold and tries very hard to be sensitive to others

elaela

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:54 pm
I LOVE THIS THREAD

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:56 pm
Just wanted to add thanks for starting this thread. We had a difficult morning and you made me stop and think something positive about him.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:07 pm
He tries really hard to do everything like the other kids- and succeeds so well, that I sometimes get disappointed that he isn't "excelling".

For reference: he is low tone throughout his body, and doing anything takes tremendous efforts on his part. He has a ton of therapy and begins to regress if he misses even one session.

He has an awesome sense of humor. I love the watching him play with other kids.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:09 pm
She would give her last of anything to someone else who she thinks can benefit.

(My other challenging child).

behappy2

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:14 pm
Very curious and bright. So much fun to be around.

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 8:08 pm
When I gave my ASD son a haircut today he was able to joke about how sensitive he is to the sensation of the razor and the scissors. I love seeing him able to poke fun at himself; he's gained enough theory of mind and empathy to understand that not everyone feels the same way as he does about things and to see the silly side of that. I'm so proud of him.

Stars

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 8:54 pm
DVOM wrote:
When I gave my ASD son a haircut today he was able to joke about how sensitive he is to the sensation of the razor and the scissors. I love seeing him able to poke fun at himself; he's gained enough theory of mind and empathy to understand that not everyone feels the same way as he does about things and to see the silly side of that. I'm so proud of him.

That's so amazing

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 9:53 pm
Every day my son asks me how my day was. My other kids never do that, not even after I've asked about their day. But my son, he always thinks of others. If I so much as cough or sneeze or say "ouch" he'll run to the other end of the house just to see if I'm okay. So sensitive and caring.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 10:36 pm
Love this thread!

He is extremely sensitive to others feelings and will apologize (almost) right away when he realizes he made someone upset. (although most of the time he has no idea why)

Extre

DVOM

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 12:29 pm
Stars wrote:
That's so amazing

I think so too! Most parents of typical kids are totally not on my wavelength about these things... They dont get why its a big deal for us that our kid tried ice skating, or ate a new food, or stayed regulated while getting a haircut.

Its great to have someone else understand why this is such a big success for my son, thank you!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:01 pm
My daughter gained enough self-confidence in her physical abilities to try to get dressed by herself every day for a whole week. . . and succeeded! (she has a mild genetic condition which affects her muscles and joints)

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:18 pm
My son has a hard time with self control but he is the warmest most loving child. He loves hugs and is so in touch with his feelings. He is also extremely self aware.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 4:45 pm
My 8-year-old son who has borderline ASD (what probably would have been diagnosed as Aspergers in the past) is so good at validating emotions! He's really learned the lingo.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 5:22 pm
She has made me an infinitely better person, and continues to do so. I am astounded at my personal growth since she came along.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 2:19 am
My dd accepted from me a kiss the other day!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)