Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Mission Accomplished (Royal Guard)

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:59 am
Frum guy makes royal guard laugh:

http://rare.us/rare-humor/this.....7c3e2

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:35 am
He's my cousin Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:43 am
Just as a point of information, a palace guard who breaks into an expression, is removed from duty, demoted a rank and transferred out. Usually upon transfer he is the brunt of jokes in his new unit.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:56 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Just as a point of information, a palace guard who breaks into an expression, is removed from duty, demoted a rank and transferred out. Usually upon transfer he is the brunt of jokes in his new unit.

This guy did not lose his job. When my cousin got engaged the guard contacted his kalla via social media and personally congratulated them. There were no hard feelings on his end...

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
This guy did not lose his job. When my cousin got engaged the guard contacted his kalla via social media and personally congratulated them. There were no hard feelings on his end...

Gosh and I certainly believe an anon poster rather than believe the guards own regulations. TBS I sent an email to to the guard at Windsor Castle to get the scoop.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Tue, Apr 04 2017, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 11:26 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Gosh and I certainly believe an anon poster rather than believe the guards own regulations.

You don't have to believe me. I'm just stating what happened.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
You don't have to believe me. I'm just stating what happened.

Its easy enough for me to email the Guards at Windsor Castle.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 11:58 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Its easy enough for me to email the Guards at Windsor Castle.

I'm begging you not to.

I pulled it from a place that said he didn't lose his job. Certainly I would not be amused by something or anything that cause anyone to lose his job.

What if your email sets something off -- well, we didn't fire him then, but maybe we should have. I don't want that on my shoulders.

Leave it alone. What difference does it really make to you?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 12:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm begging you not to.

I pulled it from a place that said he didn't lose his job. Certainly I would not be amused by something or anything that cause anyone to lose his job.

What if your email sets something off -- well, we didn't fire him then, but maybe we should have. I don't want that on my shoulders.

Leave it alone. What difference does it really make to you?

Actually the op has contacted me and she and I are good. I am accepting of her position, but still intrigued. The guard regulations change over time, heck women are now participating. I'm sure a question such as the one I posed, 'What happens to a guardsperson who breaks character?' can't possibly come back to haunt one guy. Military discipline is pretty structured, and leaves little room for the retrospective punishment you suggest. My conscience is clear. TY for your concern.

As to the guards, this isn't the first time one has broken character and wound up on the internet, there are quite a few on YouTube, some going back many years.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 12:16 pm
This video was taken close to three years ago. It's unlikely to affect the guard ...

tigerwife

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 2:00 pm
As someone who usually cringes when frum people make it on the news, I thought this guy was actually hilarious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics