Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Fish owners! Fish for yt'

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:39 pm
Question: is there a fish market on Sunday?

I want to decide if I should buy Sunday or Friday is gonna give me the same frozen or I can get fresh fish on Sunday. Anyone?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:50 pm
sourstix wrote:
Question: is there a fish market on Sunday?

I want to decide if I should buy Sunday or Friday is gonna give me the same frozen or I can get fresh fish on Sunday. Anyone?

No fish market on Sundays. Smile

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:51 pm
Oy, I was so hoping for that. Do you think they will have fresh Monday? Even so close to yt?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:55 pm
sourstix wrote:
Oy, I was so hoping for that. Do you think they will have fresh Monday? Even so close to yt?

Yes they will.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:32 pm
Wednesday is usually the fresh fish day, as far as I remember.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Wednesday is usually the fresh fish day, as far as I remember.

In what sense? We go to the market every day(night).

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:04 pm
Maybe it's just the day they bring in the most fish since a lot of people are buying for shabbos?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:23 pm
The Fishing Line gets fresh fish every day - they have a ton of turnover.
They told me that the fish is freshest when it is cut - so even if it is from teh day before but they only open the fish next day it will still taste fresher.

sourstix

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:26 am
Problem is I buy it in npgs Jackson and sometimes they freeze it then defrost it and when I cook it I realize and I hate frozen fish. I don't think I have a choice I'm gonna buy on Thursday and have to freeze it because I can't wait on Monday to go buy it it's a very hectic day

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:39 am
sourstix wrote:
Problem is I buy it in npgs Jackson and sometimes they freeze it then defrost it and when I cook it I realize and I hate frozen fish. I don't think I have a choice I'm gonna buy on Thursday and have to freeze it because I can't wait on Monday to go buy it it's a very hectic day

Every place does this. Some types of fish are already frozen on the fishing boat. (They need to be legally.) They may not be defrosting it properly, because you shouldn't be able to tell that it was frozen.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 10:46 am
sourstix wrote:

Can you get delivered from the Fishing LIne - they used to have a $25 minimum for free delivery, but I'm not sure if they still do. I find the fish freshest from there (and they supply most NPGS stores, Gourmet Glatt and other locations, but I find the store the best)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics