Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
My funny story

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:33 am
I went out to run Pesach errands today. On the way back, I was so happy. I got great prices on things. The sun was shining, the birds were singing. I was thinking Hashem every step of the way; for the sun, the clear blue sky, the bright flowers, for making cats in so many different colors, for the beautiful land of Israel, for the strangers who smiled at me - just being so darn grateful to be alive.

You know how you can walk down the same road day after day, and never see the details? I was noticing things I've never noticed before... until I realized I had no idea where I was! I'd taken a wrong turn somewhere. LOL I was at least 3 blocks out of my way. I had to retrace my steps back to my last shop, and reorient myself.

I just had to laugh at myself. I thanked Hashem for my not having a lot of fibromyalgia pain today, for my strong legs that could carry me home, for giving me a chance to get more exercise, and for the ability to see the humor in all of it.

The moral of the story: When you are walking around with your head in shamayim, pay attention to where your feet are taking you! Very Happy

debsey

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:41 am
Beautiful. Something I needed to hear today, as I just found out I have to work when I thought this was my marathon cooking day! I guess I can thank Hashem for the work that will pay for the food that will somehow make it to the table........

Optione

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 3:09 pm
LOVE IT!!!

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 4:04 pm
FF, you're my inspiration!! Smile

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 4:31 pm
So happy you're seeing the sunshine today Smile Keep looking up, you'll get where you need to eventually Wink

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:38 pm
Frantic I love you! Here's a hug(((((())))))). You are so special. Thanks for helping us see the beauty there is I need the world and the beauty in mankind.

After having a depressing conversation with someone today you came along and reminded me of the beauty in Hashem world. And that no matter what Hashem gives you can see the beauty and be positive! Thank you.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:05 pm
Love this

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:10 pm
Fantastic story- because in a sense it's about nothing (I went for a walk and got lost) and everything all at the same time

The moral is very telling and important. Be careful FF if you ever visit tzfat

imasinger

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 4:44 am
Or get too close to the border! Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 8:43 am
imasinger wrote:
Or get too close to the border! Very Happy

This reminds me of when Pokemon GO came to Israel. The app didn't know about the Green Line. Just remember, "It's all fun and games, until you end up in Ramallah." shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational