Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Help please with crockpot on timer!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 12:40 pm
I am planning to make chicken soup in my crockpot for the seders. I've never even used a crockpot before! Can someone please help me out with the logistics?

I was thinking that I'd make the soup during the day Monday, then leave it on warm going into yom tov. I'd set the wall timer to shut off the machine sometime later in the evening.

I'd love to reheat the soup in it the next night too, so if I set the wall timer to go on before I need to heat it up (I know I have to wait till after candle lighting 2nd night), will the crockpot automatically turn on to a low setting, or warm, or nothing? It's a digital crockpot with a countdown timer: http://www.crock-pot.com/slow-......html

lfab

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 12:49 pm
Unfortunately a digital crock-pot will not automatically turn on when the timer goes back on. You would have to press the buttons to set it to the right temp. (high,low, warm). If you had a manual crock-pot https://www.amazon.com/Crock-P.....k+pot though it should work. You would turn the knob to warm before y't and when the timer turned it back on the next night it would automatically be on warm.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 12:55 pm
The timer is only good for a manual crockpot.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 12:56 pm
lfab wrote:
Unfortunately a digital crock-pot will not automatically turn on when the timer goes back on. You would have to press the buttons to set it to the right temp. (high,low, warm). If you had a manual crock-pot https://www.amazon.com/Crock-P.....k+pot though it should work. You would turn the knob to warm before y't and when the timer turned it back on the next night it would automatically be on warm.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of Sad

I guess I can warm it up in the oven 2nd night. I'll just turn off the crockpot right before yom tov 1st night and leave the soup in there to stay warm till the meal.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 1:00 pm
FYI you can buy a good manual crockpot for about $30.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 1:06 pm
ra_mom wrote:
FYI you can buy a good manual crockpot for about $30.

Thank you. We just got this one as a gift!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen