Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If your hotel cancelled for pesach 17 what are you doing?
1  2  Next

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 6:31 pm
Its crazy that several hotels cancelled right before pesach. what did you end up doing?

doctorima

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 9:30 pm
I only heard about one. Which programs cancelled, and why?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 9:42 pm
I heard of 3 programs that cancelled. One in San Francisco , Greece and I think Italy. They said they had problems with the hotel or something

smileyface:)

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 9:47 pm
I was not planning on going to a hotel but I FEEL SO BAD FOR THOSE WHO WERE!!!
it must be super hard!

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 9:55 pm
http://www.vosizneias.com/2668.....eview

pesek zman

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I heard of 3 programs that cancelled. One in San Francisco , Greece and I think Italy. They said they had problems with the hotel or something

It was San Diego (prime) and Cos, Greece. I also heard about a program in Sardinia (I think) in Italy

octopus

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 10:49 pm
omg. So the hilton one allegedly is not refunding the deposit even though they cancelled. I don't understand. Why wouldn't they refund the deposit at the very least?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 10:50 pm
There is always a contract and if the Hilton won't refund their deposit it must be in accordance with the signed contract.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:24 pm
You forgot about the pesachforless Basking Ridge fiasco

cnc

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
You forgot about the pesachforless Basking Ridge fiasco

What happened ?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:30 pm
http://www.pesachforless.com/2017/index.html

cnc

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:32 pm
Wow
When was this decided?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:33 pm
Wow. Didn't hear about the last one. Feel really bad for the families who were supposed to go

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
http://www.pesachforless.com/2017/index.html

Motion and RF sensors are a given with any modern hotel accommodation. You may not see them but they are there.

octopus

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:41 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Motion and RF sensors are a given with any modern hotel accommodation. You may not see them but they are there.

It sounds like that group cancelled on the hotel because of updated technology. The hilton one sounds like the hotel cancelled on the group. but who knows?!

gamanit

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 11:44 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

There was an article in some magazine about this- I believe it was in the Ami- a few weeks ago. Basically they were saying that there's an option of "VIP mode" which overrides the motion sensors and leaves the lights on regardless of whether or not motion is detected. The hotel refused to allow them to use VIP mode for any of the rooms. It sounds like other hotels are usually more accommodating and are willing to override- maybe for a small additional fee.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 12:30 am
gamanit wrote:
There was an article in some magazine about this- I believe it was in the Ami- a few weeks ago. Basically they were saying that there's an option of "VIP mode" which overrides the motion sensors and leaves the lights on regardless of whether or not motion is detected. The hotel refused to allow them to use VIP mode for any of the rooms. It sounds like other hotels are usually more accommodating and are willing to override- maybe for a small additional fee.

Integrated room automation systems are tied into a number of physical plant networks, not just lights. IRAS are routinely act as heat sensors and transmit to HVAC systems, so it's likely that taking a single or block of rooms offline isn't realistic or possible.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 12:38 am
According to this article, Pesachforless cancelled in February and everyone got their deposits back.

http://forward.com/food/368449.....ions/

But I don't understand all these other last second cancellations. Sounds like a bunch of lawsuits waiting to happen. Like, if there's no accountability, what's to protect people from elaborate scams- you deposit tons of money, we cancel last second, sorry, no backsies, bye?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 12:40 am
So the question remains: For those who've had their plans fall through with just about a week's notice, what are you doing? Finding another hotel? Making a last-minute Pesach?

I feel terrible for the guests but I feel even worse for the staff.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 1:31 am
WhatFor wrote:
According to this article, Pesachforless cancelled in February and everyone got their deposits back.

http://forward.com/food/368449.....ions/

But I don't understand all these other last second cancellations. Sounds like a bunch of lawsuits waiting to happen. Like, if there's no accountability, what's to protect people from elaborate scams- you deposit tons of money, we cancel last second, sorry, no backsies, bye?
someone ran a scam doing exactly that some years ago
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics