Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ein li koach!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 8:43 am
I have no strength. I'm running a fever, I'm dizzy, and every time I stand up too fast I start to faint.

DH is having an anxiety attack, and his OCD has gone into overdrive. I'm trying to rest for a few minutes, and he keeps asking me the same questions over an over again. "Did you check this? Did you do that? What about this? Don't forget to..."

My yetzer hara wants to strangle him, or at least slip a Xanax in his coffee. ChillPill coffee

I am desperately trying to thank Hashem for sending me a DH who forces me to work on myself and strengthen my emuna. I know I'm supposed to learn and grow from this, but right now, I'm just not feeling it.

Anyone else need to just sit down for just 5 minutes without an interruption? (That's a rhetorical question. I know we ALL do!)

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 8:51 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

My yetzer hara wants to strangle him, or at least slip a Xanax in his coffee.)

Hugs!

DH and I have a deal: I make yom tov and he takes a xanax on erev yom tov.

Xanax is addictive so he doesn't take often, but he has a (prescribed) stash for traveling and erev yom tov days!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
Hugs!

DH and I have a deal: I make yom tov and he takes a xanax on erev yom tov.

Xanax is addictive so he doesn't take often, but he has a (prescribed) stash for traveling and erev yom tov days!

I like that. Your DH is a smart man.

I'm resentful that I feel like I am the one who feels the need to take the Xanax, when HE is the one having an anxiety attack. Confused

Religion+OCD+anxiety= Banging head

grace413

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 10:46 am
Hug Hug Hug

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 11:21 am
Frantic frummie
I wish you a happy yom tov full of joy!

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 11:32 am
I'm the one having an anxiety attack, while DH says he doesn't know what the big deal is.

I know you won't see this until till after the Chag, but refuah shleima, hope you were able to enjoy the holiday once it began, and hope your DD is enjoying the Chag as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics