Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Klp vanilla

L25

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 2:03 pm
I bought kosher for passover heimish brand with an ou real vanilla and then I saw that people don't seem to use it. We looked online and it doesn't seem like its really sold anymore just curious why that is?

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 2:09 pm
Because it's mad expensive would be my guess. I have been hoarding a bottle for years, using it for only the most honored recipe. It's almost gone and when it's gone it will be like the dodo bird and passenger pigeon: gone forever. I will do without before I use imitation garbage but imitation garbage is all that sells nowadays. No one wants to spend a dollar a teaspoon and that's about what it cost the last time I saw any.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 2:47 pm
It's available and people use it (like me).
It's expensive but I really like the flavor it adds. During the year I buy a large McCormick bottle that isn't very expensive and for pesach I'm ok with buying a small one from Gefen as that's all I need.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 3:29 pm
L25 wrote:
I bought kosher for passover heimish brand with an ou real vanilla and then I saw that people don't seem to use it. We looked online and it doesn't seem like its really sold anymore just curious why that is?

Its sold in every store I went to.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 4:36 pm
I succumbed to the imitation vanilla ... pretty sure it was affordable [$1.99] ... and just used the last drop in my chocolate mousse ... that's an entire bottle over this pesach alone

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 6:10 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its sold in every store I went to.
lucky you, count your blessings. You must live somewhere like Brooklyn or Lakewood. My nabe has exactly one store with a Pesach aisle that carries more than just matzah, grape juice and gefilte fish, and I haven't seenKLP real vanilla in over ten years. Nor for that matter have I seen Heimish brand real vanilla at all in almost as long.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 6:49 pm
zaq wrote:
lucky you, count your blessings. You must live somewhere like Brooklyn or Lakewood. My nabe has exactly one store with a Pesach aisle that carries more than just matzah, grape juice and gefilte fish, and I haven't seenKLP real vanilla in over ten years. Nor for that matter have I seen Heimish brand real vanilla at all in almost as long.

I will be glad to sponsor your vanilla next year Mr. Green Colors
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics