Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is this a legit question or simple OCD?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:02 pm
I quote you; no I don't enjoy this yom tov at all.

I love your honesty!

As for how does one differentiate between halucha and OCD- it depends;
if you are creative you can fit any obsession/distortion into halucha...
But. If you want to know what Hashem really wants, If you really want to clarify yourself, if you want to raise children in an atmosphere that pesach is not some boogiemonster, then, please treat yourself to a one time session with the above mentioned dayan.

I promise you will thank yourself.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:25 pm
I have OCD, I would say legit OCD!! Sad

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:31 pm
You are cute khaki!!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:59 pm
If our ancestors crossing the sea on their way out of Egypt would have heard some of the Pesach Shailos and idiosyncrasies their exit is causing for generations, in preparation for Pesach, theyd have stayed in Mitzrayim to save us all the trouble.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
If our ancestors crossing the sea on their way out of Egypt would have heard some of the Pesach Shailos and idiosyncrasies their exit is causing for generations, in preparation for Pesach, theyd have stayed in Mitzrayim to save us all the trouble.

The truth is that although during pesach this disease surfaces most, the issue is almost never ONLY pesach.
Usually the OCD/anxiety is also present in buser vechuluv/ taharas hamishpucha etc. albeit in a more subtle way.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
The truth is that although during pesach this disease surfaces most, the issue is almost never ONLY pesach.
Usually the OCD/anxiety is also present in buser vechuluv/ taharas hamishpucha etc. albeit in a more subtle way.

True, true and true again!!!! Argh!!!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:

Not necessarily more subtle. Mikva ladies' lives are made miserable by clients who go back to dunk again and again because they always find a question after they've gotten dressed, or occupy a room for two hours and call the mikvah lady over and over to consult about imaginary spots and flecks and won't accept a verdict of "it's nothing" even after the mikvah lady calls the rav at the clients insistence. Or can't remember if they took off their rings or earrings before dunking. Of course you took them off, lady, you had the mikvah lady check you THREE times!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:28 am
Is the problem that some crumbs from the ladder got stuck on her hand, and then fell into the pesach dishes when she was putting them away?

So just empty out the pots next year when you take them down.

I think selling your ladder is OCD.

For next year, remember to wipe down the ladder with a wipe before pesach.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 3:44 am
Siyata dishmaya that I found this thread.

I want to rinse through my velvet matza cover and silky afikoman bag with just hot water before putting them away. How does this not make any crumbs caught up in the seams into chometz????

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 3:52 am
amother wrote:

I want to rinse through my velvet matza cover and silky afikoman bag with just hot water before putting them away. How does this not make any crumbs caught up in the seams into chometz????

Do you have any reason to think there are any bits of chometz in them? Are you planning on putting hot wet food in them on pesach? Do you eat the seams and does your food touch the seams?

kalsee

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 4:00 am
the matza crumbs were fully baked, it can't become chometz anymore.
you probably don't eat gebroks, but there it's only as an extra precaution in case the matza wasn't fully baked.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 4:07 am
kalsee wrote:
the matza crumbs were fully baked, it can't become chometz anymore.
you probably don't eat gebroks, but there it's only as an extra precaution in case the matza wasn't fully baked.

This. I thought everyone outside of EY who keeps gebrochts davka eats it on the eighth day to show that they know it's a chumra/minhag and not halacha?

OP, ask a rav. Next time wipe down the ladder with either bleach or ammonia (NOT both, whatever you do) so any chametz that might have been on there will be rendered completely inedible.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 4:28 am
Thanks! Smile

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 7:14 am
amother wrote:
We clean our kitchen step ladder for pesach.

shock

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 8:28 am
amother wrote:

Who cares if it makes it chametz? Pesach is over! Get rid of the crumbs and youre fine for next year.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 8:31 am
amother wrote:

Gebrokts is not chometz.
And didn't you eat gebrokts on shviei shel pesach?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 11:24 am
On Friday (erev Shabbos chol hamoed) I was having my son wash the dishes in the fleishig sink. I hadn't kashered the sprayer because my rav says you can't kasher plastic for Pesach. Every year I put a piece of tape over the sprayer so noone uses it. But I forgot this year.

My son turns the sink water on to boiling hot, and starts spraying the dishes with the sprayer. I wasn't paying attention but then he said - look ma, I am "kashering" your dishes with boiling water. For the first time in my life I hyperventilated, literally. I went into the other room and I called the rav. He said - well, there is no reason to think that there is chometz in your sprayer. So everything is fine, b'dieved, but at this point you should tape it so that it doesn't happen again.

I think the same logic can apply to your step-ladder. No reason to think there was chometz there at the time.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
OMG
How can I drink water. Chometz is osur b col shehu, the most miniscule drop and isn't botul.
Somewhere on the planet someone threw bread into the ocean...

R Chaim Brisker asks thiis

There are family's that use bottled water only, to cook or clean.

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
There are family's that use bottled water only, to cook or clean.

Or water that was collected before Pesach because chometz can be batul before but not on Pesach .

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
On Friday (erev Shabbos chol hamoed) I was having my son wash the dishes in the fleishig sink. I hadn't kashered the sprayer because my rav says you can't kasher plastic for Pesach. Every year I put a piece of tape over the sprayer so noone uses it. But I forgot this year.

My son turns the sink water on to boiling hot, and starts spraying the dishes with the sprayer. I wasn't paying attention but then he said - look ma, I am "kashering" your dishes with boiling water. For the first time in my life I hyperventilated, literally. I went into the other room and I called the rav. He said - well, there is no reason to think that there is chometz in your sprayer. So everything is fine, b'dieved, but at this point you should tape it so that it doesn't happen again.

I think the same logic can apply to your step-ladder. No reason to think there was chometz there at the time.

Fyi boiling is 212 farenheit
According to the plumbing codes in NY NJ and most places the water in the sprayer and faucet cant be greater then 90
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen