Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
I am scared!!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 3:35 pm
So we are officially in contract on a house that we are buying in another state. I am petrified. First off, I have never lived a house before. I grew up in Brooklyn and lived in the same 2 bedroom apartment until I moved out and got married. We bought a 2 bedroom apartment, but my husband really wants a house. We can't afford a house where we currently live so we looked outside of New York and found a house. I am petrified to move out of New York. My husband also really wants out of New York and I know that the longer we wait to do this, especially as our daughter gets older, the harder it's going to be. So my husband is itching to make this move now. Has anyone bought a house outside of New York and are very happy with their decision? We have been back and forth to look at schools for our daughter and we now have to pick one. I am so nervous about this move and I'm worried we are making a mistake. Any advice on how to cope with this is greatly appreciated!!!!! Thank you in advance!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 4:08 pm
I recently moved from Brooklyn to buy a house in monsey- I know it's not out of new York but much more suburban
I love love love having space and finding parking and slower pace of life
The quality of life is so much better
Take it one day at a time and tell yourself you're giving it a year and then you'll reevaluate - you're never stuck!
I wish u much hatzlacha

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 4:12 pm
I feel that I keep posting this but I'm ok posting again Wink I moved from the UWS to Passaic and then to the midwest. NY/NJ is definitely convenient but I think the quality of life is much better OOT. and I say that as someone who hates driving!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 5:34 pm
My husband grew up in Brooklyn in a 2BR apt. I grew up very OOT. We lived in NY for much of our early years them moved out of NY but still in a big Jewish community. No, it's not as convenient but the pros (the space, the friendliness, the varieties of people who get along) outweigh the cons. DH had to learn to drive. My advice :use a driving school. Good luck. It's an adventure. It's not all easy but it's fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating