Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep training at 15 months

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 10:19 am
My 15 month old still gets up 2-3 times a night. I would have trained him earlier but he was a preemie and small and doctor said he still needed to eat at night. Now I have the go ahead. He eats a good dinner and nurses before bed but not to sleep. When he wakes up, sometimes he needs to nurse (by need, I mean by habit, I don't think he really needs it) sometimes he can just be rocked to sleep. Letting him cry doesn't work. He just screams and screams without slowing down and has woken up older siblings. But I need to stop the night waking. I'm not functioning during the day.

rgr

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:08 pm
http://babywhispererforums.com

sky

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:31 pm
My 14 month old baby wakes at night still to nurse. I think its very hard to stop nursing at night, I found with my other kids that whenever we stopped nursing they just stopped waking up.
Good luck and if you find a way that works well with nursing please share because I would try it.
I always think don't you lose all the work every time they teeth or are sick or change of schedule, etc.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 5:03 pm
Can your husband go in? If there's no promise of food, the baby may realize it's not worth waking up for.

You may also want to try a gentler cry it out than cold turkey - maybe ferberizing or even something gentler.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:29 pm
Try giving water and rocking child with pacifier back to sleep in rocking chair or rubbing back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics