Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Fidget Spinners in Brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:31 pm
Looking for fidget spinners as prizes for about 5 students. Any recommendations of where to find them for cheap? TIA!

bookie

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:34 pm
I heard the ninety nine cents store on j and Coney had them for three or four dollars

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:37 pm
Is that a store on Coney Island Ave or on Ave J? Thank you!

bookie

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:47 pm
It's on avenue j between Coney and twelfth right next to chase bank

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:51 pm
Toys 4 u.

yogabird

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:02 pm
What are fidget spinners?

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:17 pm
I bought them at Toys To Discover on 18 Ave

cheese cake

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:21 pm
Yogabird here's a link

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=U.....P8HAQ

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:43 pm
Thanks so much!

wondergirl

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:12 am
I dont get the appeal of the spinners, it just seems distracting. I did however get the fidget cube and think it is great as it is discreet and you can play with it without it becoming distracted by it. You can also make it into a key chain or buy it as a keychain so it is more appealing and less distracting than the spinners.

check it out-- https://www.amazon.com/Balai-K.....chain

I also want to buy the 12 sided one as well but think it may be too much. Does anyone have any reviews on it? https://www.amazon.com/FabQual.....chain

Fabulous

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:16 am
amother wrote:
I bought them at Toys To Discover on 18 Ave

My mother bought it there for $3.99, cheaper than most places I think

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:36 am
wondergirl wrote:
I dont get the appeal of the spinners, it just seems distracting. I did however get the fidget cube and think it is great as it is discreet and you can play with it without it becoming distracted by it. You can also make it into a key chain or buy it as a keychain so it is more appealing and less distracting than the spinners.

check it out-- https://www.amazon.com/Balai-K.....chain

I also want to buy the 12 sided one as well but think it may be too much. Does anyone have any reviews on it? https://www.amazon.com/FabQual.....chain

I also keep trying to figure out what the appeal of the fidget spinners is. Do they do anything except spin around? In my school days we were perfectly capable of endless fidget varieties with just a paper and pen (retractable pen even better!)

The fidget cube looks great for the one using it but I saw someone else using it and it made a clicking noise that would drive me crazy if I were sitting anywhere near it trying to get anything done. You would think if the whole point is to give people something innocent to fidget with they would make it silent. When they do that, I'm all in.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 6:23 pm
My kids just persuaded me to get them some. I am completely baffled. What is the point of this and why is it even a craze?
Am I missing something? Do the kids get some kind of high after spinning it for 15 minutes?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:20 pm
I saw a poster at the 99 cents store about them but I forgot to check the price in my rush.

Maybe by now it has became such a "thing" that they're making knock-offs in china.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:27 pm
I heard that both Shoprite and National Liquidators had them for $3. The 99cent store on Quentin and E 35th has them for $4.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:41 pm
I'm also trying to figure out why these spinners are of any interest after the first 6 seconds of use. I just don't get it.

seeker

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 1:05 am
Add me to the baffled club.
I know all about fidgeting. I can be busy with a couple of paper clips for a good hour or so. But I can't figure out what on earth the appeal of this thing is. You'd think one would be enough to pass around the whole class so each person doesn't have to go find their own to buy.
To be fair, I haven't actually had one in my hand yet to actually judge what it feels like. But it does seem remarkably pointless for something so trending.

ETA I just realized I already posted in this thread and forgot all about it. LOL.

Smile1234

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 4:41 am
I got one in Amazing Savings, I dont remember how much I paid but I do remember that I then went to shoprite next door and they were selling them for a dollar more.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 6:01 am
I'm in NJ. I got one from our local dollar store and one from National Wholesale Liquidators.

The dollar store had a sign on the front door saying that they have them. NWL sent an email about them. Yeah - it's a craze.

I don't get the appeal but my son with ADHD loves them and says they're very helpful.

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 7:25 am
I think of them as like a yoyo. It's quite relaxing to spin them. But like any "craze ' it doesn't really make sense.

As my DS said - some kids are so addicted to their fidget spinner they have stopped playing with their phone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics