Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are girls wearing sneaker shoes to school?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:59 am
I have noticed that in the spring girls are wearing shoe like sneakers to school. Like a slip on sneaker with a white bottom. I like that for camp/summer but I see girls wearing these with their uniforms. Schools are allowing this? My girls are begging and one of my girls really needs shoes. Please advise - thanks!

yogabird

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:12 am
Yes lots of kids are wearing them to schools. Don't know of any school that's banned them yet.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:17 am
I think you need to add location/type of school. Our girls (and boys) have always worn sneakers to school.

But please buy them lace up sneakers for athletics, even if you buy slip ons for casual wear.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:27 am
Boys for sure. Girls it varies with the school. I live in Boro Park. I got for my girls because I didn't want to get them expensive school loafers just for 2 months, they can start wearing their summer sneakers now. I got a dark color so school should allow it. It's a new trend which I'm very happy to follow 😀.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:40 am
I'm a preschool teacher and Ibe noticed many of my students got these sneaker shoes w/the white sole & don't think schl doesn't allow it... Wink

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:41 am
4 got to mention that Im a teacher for girls

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:41 am
Yes, in Lakewood. But you can double check wirh others if it's OK with your school.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:48 am
My DD has been wearing it in Lakewood. I bought a pair in Gymboree for $10 and it's been holding up beautifully.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:54 am
thanks everyone! I'm in lakewood btw.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:24 pm
Of course. Their winter shoes are destroyed and/or outgrown by now. They're spending a lot of time outdoors and running around. Why ever not? Especially if the sneakers look nice.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 3:38 pm
I think all the spring loafers arent selling well this year because everyone is buying sneaker shoes. Noticed a lkwd store advertise now that all loafers are on sale. Another store I noticed tons of loafers sitting there and everyone buying the sneaker shoes. Makes more sense, because the spring loafers they barely wear.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 5:43 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My DD has been wearing it in Lakewood. I bought a pair in Gymboree for $10 and it's been holding up beautifully.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/I.....64056 - is this what you have? I don't see anything for $10.

yogabird

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 5:49 pm
Are the sneaker shoes that are leather and made by the same brands as the loafers (Venettini, etc) significantly cheaper than loafers? JOOC. I know it's easy to get cheap canvas or leather-look ones anywhere, but curious about the ones being sold in drum stores.

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:41 pm
I bought for girls and boys at Gap and Old Navy . I paid between $13-19 a pair.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:17 pm
I'm a teacher and I wear them to school!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:24 pm
Do 3rd and 4th wear this too? Bais faiga requires tights to school, won't they look nerdy with dark tights?

esther36

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:51 pm
I'm in lkwd and my girls say everyone is wearing them with dark tights. I think it looks pretty nerdy

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:53 pm
U can get navy ones so dark tights wont look nerdy.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:13 pm
marshalls has cute dark grey and black sperry's for kids. I got for my girls in lkwd school.
pls dont ask the school...really dont want this to become a NO as the schools are letting it so far.
Its so silly to buy another pair of school shoes at this point in the year.
HaTorah chas al mamonam shel yisroel.
the schools should too...

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
marshalls has cute dark grey and black sperry's for kids. I got for my girls in lkwd school.
pls dont ask the school...really dont want this to become a NO as the schools are letting it so far.
Its so silly to buy another pair of school shoes at this point in the year.
HaTorah chas al mamonam shel yisroel.
the schools should too...

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics