Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
South beach not working yet!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:04 pm
I started south beach phase one right after yomtov - Wednesday morning. It's now 5 days later and I still haven't lost anything. I'm so discouraged! My baby is 8 months old but my weight doesn't move. I've been sticking to it very strictly - aside from a small amouth of kiddush and k'zayis of challah at the meals. What am I doing wrong??

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:04 pm
Are you nursing? A lot of women can't lose weight while nursing.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:29 pm
How are you following it? Did you read a book? Online? I would love to do it, but have a hard time understanding what I could and can't eat. I need very specific instructions/menu. From what I understand, phase 1 is resetting your body. Give it a chance.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:05 pm
actually I AM nursing and while it's always been hard for me to lose weight while nursing it should go down somewhat! ☹️ I'm not even finding the diet hard to stick to (aside from more time chopping veggies and cooking) and I don't have sugar cravings

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:07 pm
I did the diet years ago (at that point read the book) and now I refreshed my memory of it online

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:30 am
One of my friends dieted and exercised very conscientiously while nursing & didn't lose ANY weight! Once she stopped nursing, the weight came off.

I usually lose quite a bit of weight when my baby is abt a year old (I'm still nursing at that point), but not much before then. For me, I think it has to do with how often I nurse. The less I nurse, the less my body needs to "store reserves." That's just my humble opinion. Not based on science at all.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:34 am
That actually makes me feel better! I hate how this added weight makes me feel, ugh. Do you think it's worth it to keep at the diet or is it pointless while I'm nursing?

ProudMommy3

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:25 am
Umm..if no weight came off after 2 weeks of following the diet properly, I'd probably stop. But that's just me. (FYI: I don't have good self control.) But I would maybe stick to phase 3 of the diet b/c that's just an all around healthy lifestyle plan. If you're doing that & exercising, I'd be pretty confident that the weight will come off when you stop nursing.

Undefined

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:46 am
I agree that the nursing effects the weight loss, but also exercise. I did the South Beach twice and each time I noticed that I only lost weight on the days that I walked or did other exercise
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise