Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Braun Immersion Blenders Are Back?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:52 pm
When did this happen? So excited.
Just saw an ad on one of the imamother pages and I was happily surpised. Especially since my pesach Cuisinart became a dud over pesach last week, after just a handful of uses.
Anyone tried the new Braun yet?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....=UTF8

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:47 am
ra_mom wrote:
When did this happen? So excited.
Just saw an ad on one of the imamother pages and I was happily surpised. Especially since my pesach Cuisinart became a dud over pesach last week, after just a handful of uses.
Anyone tried the new Braun yet?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....=UTF8

Is the braun that diff?
I have a few from Amazing Savings and love them! (Dairy, meat, pareve)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:03 am
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
Is the braun that diff?
I have a few from Amazing Savings and love them! (Dairy, meat, pareve)

Different than the other brands? Absolutely. I have a dairy and parve one but never had one for pesach and by the time I wanted one they had already stopped making them. I've been through quite a few different brands, including a badly scratched pot whose finish is finished. Happy I can buy another Braun.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:32 am
Loved my Braun. I'll probably have to wait until my current one dies before I buy one.
My bruan lasted me years and did an amazing job. Then I had a few that constantly broke and they never did as thorough a job, my current one I have to constantly clean out the blade (and unplug!) when blending things because strings get caught in the blade. That never happened with the Braun.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:45 am
Thanks for the good news!
Is it as good as it used to be?

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jan 10 2020, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

L K

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:19 am
That's exciting!
Bed bathe and beyond carries it at the same price as amazon but it looks like you can use their 20% off coupons on Braun.

What large receptacle can you use it with without splashing? Like to make 2 quarts of smoothie or milk shake?

What do you use your parve, milchig, fleishig ones for? I'm spacing out and can't think anything aside from guacamole.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:30 am
Different types of soup.
Milkshakes. I find the cleanup easier than a regular blender.
Mayonnaise.
Baby food.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:38 am
I mainly use mine for soups.
Its also good for beating thin eggs - like for blintzes, crepes, base for light pancakes.

I broke my original Bruan when trying to blend frozen mango - I burnt the motor.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:45 pm
crust wrote:
Thanks for the good news!
Is it as good as it used to be?

The reviews are very good.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:16 pm
L K wrote:
That's exciting!
Bed bathe and beyond carries it at the same price as amazon but it looks like you can use their 20% off coupons on Braun.

What large receptacle can you use it with without splashing? Like to make 2 quarts of smoothie or milk shake?

What do you use your parve, milchig, fleishig ones for? I'm spacing out and can't think anything aside from guacamole.

I use the hand blender a lot in 2 pound containers for shabbos dips, fruit ice pops, etc. Also directly in hot soup pots (I can't always do that with other brands).
I use the dairy one for cheese pancakes, quick cheese cakes, shakes, etc.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:32 pm
never understood this item ... or why it has to be a trend in order to use it

L K

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:39 pm
That sounds good. I bought a cheap hand mixer for cheese cakes and pancake batter but it only makes a huge mess and doesn't cut it.
Immersion blender I got doesn't work well either. Will have to try braun.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:49 pm
L K wrote:
That sounds good. I bought a cheap hand mixer for cheese cakes and pancake batter but it only makes a huge mess and doesn't cut it.

tip: you might want to try already whipped cream cheese ... then all you have to do is use a hand whisk

sky

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:12 pm
L K wrote:

You can try pancake batter and some cheese cakes in a blender (I make loose greek cheesecake in a blender).

I don't know that an immersion blender would work better then a mixer for those tasks.

For the cheese cake the ingredients have to be room temperature. I find the cream cheese blocks blend more easily then. I use a hand mixer for my cheese cakes.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:20 pm
greenfire wrote:
never understood this item ... or why it has to be a trend in order to use it

I use it for soups or smoothies, mostly. Its inexpensive, easy to store, and does the job for me.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Different than the other brands? Absolutely. I have a dairy and parve one but never had one for pesach and by the time I wanted one they had already stopped making them. I've been through quite a few different brands, including a badly scratched pot whose finish is finished. Happy I can buy another Braun.

So what's the difference? It doesn't scratch the bottom?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
So what's the difference? It doesn't scratch the bottom?

Usually motor lasts, blades don't scratch pots, they are able to withstand being used in boiling pot of soup. Something that withstands use.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen