Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need a cheder similar to Tashbar/Ytt in Lakewood, pls help!
1  2  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:52 pm
Hi,
The subject says it all. I don't know much about boy cheders in Lakewood. I am applying to both YTT and Tashbar, but I will need more options as theres probably a space issue. Any other established or newer school thats similar?

Thanks all!

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:08 pm
Try Ohr Yehuda

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Try Ohr Yehuda

Is that rabbi bender's school? If yes, it'll be harder than the YTT and tashbar to get into

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:43 pm
Oooh try to get into YTT!! best school in lkwd Smile we love it there! The principals actually like children! They try to help them become nice people not just obedient puppies. My girls school OTOH....

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Is that rabbi bender's school? If yes, it'll be harder than the YTT and tashbar to get into

Could be but the question was what schools are similar.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:14 pm
Kol torah should be a similar type of school.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:39 pm
Why are these schools suddenly so hard to get into?

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:41 pm
When were they not hard to get into?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:45 pm
Ytt was never known as hard to get into...

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:06 pm
Its a space issue probably. Since alot of kids switched from kol torah into YTT, my sons classes in YTT are bigger then ever. Some classes have 27 to 28 kids. Their policy was always not more then 25.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:09 pm
My son was literally just telling me earlier today how he had to teach himself the Gemara bec there are too many kids in the class

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:22 pm
WHat about the preschool aged children is it also full?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:32 pm
Theres no preschool at any of these schools....Starts at primary, knows as Pre-1A everywhere outside of lakewood.

lizard8

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:29 pm
This year has been really difficult getting boys into school. It is all a numbers game- there are not enough slots!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
Kol torah should be a similar type of school.

Be very careful before you send to Kol Torah. Many parents took their children out over the past few years. Find out why before you send your child there

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:22 pm
It depends what grade she is trying to get into, usually for primary its the hardest after that the schools can add a kid or some kids leave or switch or r held back. And try I heard became hard because they were trying to filter the parent body a bit so she very well may get in with no issues if she's what they are looking for.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
Be very careful before you send to Kol Torah. Many parents took their children out over the past few years. Find out why before you send your child there

This is certainly true and I've even posted it myself on this site. I don't know what happened but MANY people have switched out.

HOWEVER, they are bringing in a new menahel next year who I happen to have worked with in the past and he is FANTASTIC. I have no idea how they snagged him but from working with him previously, I have to say that I was very very impressed with him and I have a feeling that the school will turn around in a significant way over the coming years.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:56 pm
What about Even Yisroel?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:05 pm
The reasons why tashbar and ytt is suddenly hard to get into is because there is a whole new crowd of people moving into Lakewood from Brooklyn that is not interested in the yeshivish schools and this is the schools that they are interested in. Five years ago Lakewood didn't have this crowd.

DVOM

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:07 pm
My two little boys go to YTT. We're so happy there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating