Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need a cheder similar to Tashbar/Ytt in Lakewood, pls help!
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:32 pm
amother wrote:
This is certainly true and I've even posted it myself on this site. I don't know what happened but MANY people have switched out.

HOWEVER, they are bringing in a new menahel next year who I happen to have worked with in the past and he is FANTASTIC. I have no idea how they snagged him but from working with him previously, I have to say that I was very very impressed with him and I have a feeling that the school will turn around in a significant way over the coming years.

how do you know that? That would be nice. What about R' weiss?

They took in R' Anisfeld this yr. but I think it was just for the name/publicity. I don't think he really interacts with the kids and I don't think he is even in the school.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:24 pm
R' Anisfeld is there every day and is interacting with the children

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:44 pm
What about Orchos Chaim?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
What about Orchos Chaim?

very difficult to get into and more rules.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:38 pm
just wondering, what happened that so many kids left kol torah all the same year?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:00 am
OP here,
Thank you all for all your replies. From you answers I gather that unfortunatly there really isnt another cheder that's on ytt/tashbar's speed. Its so frustrating because I feel like we would be a perfect fit for those schools....Sigh! Crying

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:10 am
amother wrote:
OP here,
Thank you all for all your replies. From you answers I gather that unfortunatly there really isnt another cheder that's on ytt/tashbar's speed. Its so frustrating because I feel like we would be a perfect fit for those schools....Sigh! Crying

If this makes feel better you not alone. A very large percentage of Lakewood wishes their children were in schools that won't accept them

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:43 am
Recommending again that you check out Even Yisroel.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:46 am
Almost No one gets into school in Lakewood by just applying. You can try:

- Network - find someone who sends to the school you would like and ask them to put in a good word for you
- Money -show you will help support the school and offer extra money or offer to pay extra tuition over X number of years, put in an ad in the journal the year before
- Have your rav call for you
- find out the schools dress code for mothers and start following it. Especially when you go pick up your 4 year old from playgroup. The schools do ask the morahs how the parents dress and what the kids are exposed to at home.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:16 am
Forgot to add: Daven

- We come from old Lakewood families. We didn't get into any of the schools we applied to - then the end of July we got into a school that we didn't apply to because we thought we had no chance. It is 1000% times better then any of the schools we did apply to. It wasn't on our radar at all and we tried our luck there in the summer by calling. b'H the other schools didn't accept us so we could get in there.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
OP here,

There were two other schools mentioned here - even yisroel and ohr yehuda

ana21m

Post Sat, Nov 11 2017, 7:49 pm
My son is in ytt and bh we are very happy. But also had a hard time getting in. We didn't get accepted till July. Sad . We applied to kol Torah and did not like rabbi Schwartz attitude at all. Btw its true you don't just get in. 1st is interview and you have to have people call on your behalf, left and right....GOOD LUCK

imato5

Post Sat, Nov 11 2017, 9:31 pm
tashbar is not so amazing!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating