Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eye makeup remover

raindrop

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:17 pm
I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. It should not be oil based and should do a good job but be non-irritating to my eyes, especially since I use it to take off eye liner on the inside of my eyelash line. I especially need this when I prepare for the mikvah. The product should be available either in Israel or the NY area. Thanks for any recommendations.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:33 pm
Neutrogena eye makeup remover

naomi1

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:30 pm
I use Clinique " take the day off." I have tried using many different ones, and it's better than anything else. I mostly wear waterproof eyeliner, and my eyes are sensitive and I have not had any issues. I specifically bought it to use before going to the Mikva.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:35 pm
I am not a mary kay user but someone told me about their eye makeup remover and I've been hooked since. Definitely worth a try. And I have very dry eyes that were sensitive.

country

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:48 pm
After trying a few different ones I discovered baby wipes the pampers brand works best. better then any eye makeup remover I tried. gentle oil free and works like a charm.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:55 pm
I know you said oil free but I use coconut oil and love it. It works great, is all natural, non-irritating, and just because it's oil doesn't mean it will make your skin more oily. Oily skin comes from inside you. Or you can just easily wash it off after it's done effortlessly sliding off the makeup.

L K

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:10 pm
seeker wrote:
I know you said oil free but I use coconut oil and love it. It works great, is all natural, non-irritating, and just because it's oil doesn't mean it will make your skin more oily. Oily skin comes from inside you. Or you can just easily wash it off after it's done effortlessly sliding off the makeup.

Do you swipe the oil with cotton ball or something? I imagine it should also work as face makeup remover but how do you scoop it up?

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:32 pm
I usually just use my fingers but you can also use a cotton ball or q-tip

familyfirst

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:34 pm
I use coconut oil too. For the eyes I use a q-tip. For the face I use those cotton makeup discs ( used to apply or remove makeup). Got a pack at the dollar store.
Coconut oil is natural, safe and effective!

fbc

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:41 pm
I'm with country on this one! I'm a big fan of baby wipes when it comes to removing all of my makeup- really does work like a charm!!

essie14

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:21 am
I only use Clinique "take the day off". Been using it for years. Nothing else removes all traces of my eye make up. It's more expensive in Israel but it is available wherever Clinique is sold (superpharm, mashbir). I bring it in from the states all the time.

reality mom

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:04 am
essie14 wrote:
I only use Clinique "take the day off". Been using it for years. Nothing else removes all traces of my eye make up. It's more expensive in Israel but it is available wherever Clinique is sold (superpharm, mashbir). I bring it in fromc the states all the time.

I second this! Been my fave for years.

L K

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:08 am
Those that don't use coconut oil, What do you use to remove face makeup, like foundation?

The coconut oil lovers, do you feel you need to remove the oil from your face after using it to take off makeup?

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:15 pm
I don't use a whole lot of makeup. If I've put on a little eyeliner and dab it off with coconut oil, I don't need to wash it off. If I've smeared up my whole face, it's usually time to wash my face anyway. But I also use coconut oil to moisturize after I've washed my face, much of the time Wink

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:56 pm
Micellar water is a great makeup remover. All you do is wipe it on your face with a cotton ball until all the makeup is gone. You can use it on your eyes without any problem. It can be found at any pharmacy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics