Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Spinoff do u move just because u can't afford house?
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
yes I would. There is nothing like owning your own home!

How do you choose where to move?

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
Do pple really move if everything is great, jobs, kids happy in school happy with community, friends ect if u can't afford a house? Do pple really uproot their entire family, leave jobs ect to move far away JUST FOR THIS REASON? (I am clarifying everything else is picture perfect)

Yes, just for this reason.

Rent is very often more than a mortgage payment would be for the same real estate, with nothing to show for all the money you pay year after year. So there's that.

Also, not everyone cares, but for me the idea that a landlord could at any time not renew my lease and now I'm looking for a new home for my family is an uncomfortable and stressful situation.

Additionally (and again, this is me; not everyone will care about such things) I want my home to reflect my taste and my needs. In a rental I'm not going to spend a lot of time or money decorating knowing I could be somewhere else next year where these furnishings don't work so well. I'm not going to be choosing paints and lights and window treatments, or installing a swing set, etc. for a rental. So buying a home that I know is mine, that I can stay as long as I like is important to me.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:34 pm
I chose a place that wasn't too far from friends and family. A community where my family would fit in. Husband still has same job. Just a bit longer commute. But not too bad.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
I chose a place that wasn't too far from friends and family. A community where my family would fit in. Husband still has same job. Just a bit longer commute. But not too bad.

I'm not referring to that kind of move, but it's amazing u were able to do that

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:44 am
Yes. Theres nothing like walking around your property on a summer evening and just marveling in the 'yourness'. Your grass your bushes, your swingset, your garage.

You chose a place where you get jobs, with good schools and preferably close to some family or friends.

It is hard to live far from family. Especially around yt time. But hopefully you can afford a big house oot and host.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:38 am
amother wrote:
Yes. Theres nothing like walking around your property on a summer evening and just marveling in the 'yourness'. Your grass your bushes, your swingset, your garage.

You chose a place where you get jobs, with good schools and preferably close to some family or friends.

It is hard to live far from family. Especially around yt time. But hopefully you can afford a big house oot and host.

This! I am in a situation where we are currently in the middle of buying a house out of New York. My husband is the one who really wants to move because there are so many things about this new community that he loves. Me, on the other hand, don't see things the same way he does and could care less about the community. However, the whole reason why I have not said no to this move is because of the house. We currently own our 2 bedroom apartment in a coop, but owning a house with a yard is a whole different ball game. And we can't afford a house where we currently are. So for me, this move is all about the house.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:53 am
My mortgage payments are about 1/3 of what rent would be for a similar sized place.
When we fix something, we mak use it's fixed very well so it won't bother us again for a long time and possibly cause other problems.

After the 25-30 years are up, we will own 100%. That falls out mid wedding season for our family. We could. Also refinance or take out a second mortgage if we are in a real pinch.

emzod42

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:07 am
The other thing to think about is if when you eventually own your house, you have the equity and a stable place to live when you get older and think about retirement. If you continue renting, you have to make sure you have enough money not just for living expenses, but for rent for the rest of your life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating