Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need advice from another clean freak like myself
1  2  Next

mother4

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:58 pm
I live in a new apartment
I have several bathrooms and need a way to keep it clean from lint, hair and dust
The floor tiles are white. I see everything.
I need a better idea than the old fashioned way of using shmattas. After scrubbing with soft scrub, I use a shmatta with Mr. Clean & water to wipe away everything. The shmatta ends up catching hair and lint, and then I keep changing the water.
I was wondering how they get the mikvas and hotels clean with no residue. with shmattas I always find some hair, lint, or streaks.
I tried a mini steam cleaner, but it just steams the dirt, which needs to be wiped up afterwards with shmattas.
Is there any machine that cleans and suctions in all the dirt and hair. I would totally invest in that!!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:01 pm
I hate shmattas, feel like I'm just moving dirt around. Use paper towels and change as needed.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:06 pm
My cleaning lady first sweeps then mops and then when the floor is dry sweeps again to catch the bits of hair that remain.
She does a perfect job getting the floor spotless.
Hope this helps

carrot

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:07 pm
Why not a vacuum cleaner?

noosheen

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:15 pm
I first vacuum all the hair, lint, dust etc.
After that I use a mop.
I really like this one

https://goo.gl/images/jk0uXF

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:25 pm
I'm another proponent of sweep or vacuum first, then mop. My bathroom is small so between treatments I smoosh the sole of my slipper along the floor to collect the lint into one giant dust bunny, which I pick up and dump in the trash. Whoever thought that white floor tile was a good idea should be condemned to spend eternity keeping a white tile floor clean--with his tongue.

cm

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:32 pm
Always sweep or vacuum before mopping/steaming/wiping. I think that's standard.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:37 pm
Sweep, mop, sweep.
In between washings I mostly get down and wipe and collect as I go along with a wet Clorox wipe.
Don't you just hate it when the bathroom floor tiles show every dropped hair? Oh well.

yogabird

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:40 pm
I use a swiffer or microfiber mop to sweep debris into a pile as I go along, then pick up the entire pile with a paper towel.

mother4

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:29 am
I vacuum before!! I guess I have to use disposable stuff to pick up rest. ( after mopping, there is more lint that gathers) I wanna know how commercial places are free of lint and all..

esther malka

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:14 am
I second the swiffer. But, look for the swiffer vac. It charges and it's a lightweight vacuum with a swiffer pad. Use that then mop.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:21 am
I swipe. Spray the area with a mixture of ammonia and water and then wipe it down with a paper towel. Use as many paper towels as needed until all lint and hair is lifted. Then buff it with a dry paper towel.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:29 am
Vacuum! If u are in Israel, my mil buys this great item- it's a disposable wipe mop that gets all dirt, hair etc
Op I feel you the hair drives me mad. One day after I clean it, it's dirty again

Ahuva

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 7:21 am
Vacume b4 cleaning. I use dry swiffer refills alone without the mop to clean dust and hair between washes.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:34 am
Bounty paper towel!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:40 pm
What do you do for white surfaces (like the sink, toilet, etc)? I find dust also gathers with shmattas.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
What do you do for white surfaces (like the sink, toilet, etc)? I find dust also gathers with shmattas.

You need a clean shmata for each surface or a disposable wipe because it's true that the particles collect from one surface and then end up on the next surface you clean the shmata with.

Ahuva

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 2:50 pm
I wipe everything with swiffer sweeper dry refills. It catches dust, lont and hair.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 3:03 pm
for quick "sweep" I make a Kleenex a bit wet and wipe around in a circular motion. it picks up all the hair and dust. this is a quick fix for when I'm lazy to take out the vacuum cleaner. when I do a full cleaning I vacuum and then wash. that being said I don't have a white floor.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 3:07 pm
Yes it's called a vacuum cleaner
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry