Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
ISO book for little kids about getting a new sibling

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:51 pm
Looking for an age appropriate book for a three yr old about mommy having a baby/getting a new sibling

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 3:15 am
I wish I could remember the author because I'm sure there are many books with the same title - but there's one that I'm thinking of where the same person wrote "I'm a big brother," "I'm a big sister," as well as "my big girl potty book" and "my big boy potty book." We love the whole series. I want to say the name was Chambers but that feels a little off. On phone now but if I remember I'll try to find a link on computer

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:25 am
pb and j for shabbos is not directly about this, but in the book the mother comes home with a new baby.

hila

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 6:40 am
We used to have a book called "Baby come Out"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-.....e+Out
My kids loved it

simcha2

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 7:13 am
seeker wrote:
I wish I could remember the author because I'm sure there are many books with the same title - but there's one that I'm thinking of where the same person wrote "I'm a big brother," "I'm a big sister," as well as "my big girl potty book" and "my big boy potty book." We love the whole series. I want to say the name was Chambers but that feels a little off. On phone now but if I remember I'll try to find a link on computer

Joanna Cole. We loved those books too.

precious

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 7:41 am
Check out seforim stores
A baby of our own, sharing mommys love, etc.

treestump

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 7:55 am
I got a gift for my friend's toddler when her mom had a baby - Yael and her new baby sister. It's by Malky Weinstock, and I think the publisher is Judaica Press.
It really identifies with older siblings' mixed feelings about having a new sibling. I usually don't even glance at frum books, but I was really impressed by this one.

kerem

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 8:05 am
The Berenstain Bears - And Honey Makes Five. An adorable book!

Mamushka

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 8:26 am
Franklin and the new baby

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:27 am
Ah yes, Chambliss was the illustrator (not familiar with the new one - this is the series we have https://www.amazon.com/Big-Gir.....+book)

What I love about it is that it is so age-appropriate for the 3-year-old set. It bugs me when people think they are writing children's books but then they overcomplicate things. If your kid is an older 3 then maybe they could appreciate the others too but this one is a big hit with the whole preschool range.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:39 am
Artscroll has a great book - " what about me?" By bracha steinberg that we read nightly with my little one when baby was born. It's still her favorite book till today ( 3 years later!)

lfab

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:44 am
Someone recommended the book A Baby of Our Own to me. I got it for my 2 1/2 year old before I gave birth and she loved it. It's simple and cute and the rhyming sentences make it a fun read for little kids. We've read it so often that we all know it by heart! After baby was born we were able to connect things happening with baby back to the book (I.e. when baby would cry I would say to DD remember in the baby book "my baby scrunches up her face and then she cries and cries" or when I wanted her to be gentle we would say "I know how to be gentle with a soft and loving touch", etc. as these are lines from the book). Would definitely recommend for a 3 year old.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:15 am
I remember reading this book by Mr Rogers when I was a kid.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Bab.....13667

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:40 am
A baby of our own (printed by hachai) is a really great book. It really helped my kids with the adjustment as they knew what to expect. Highly recommended it!

TeachersNotebook

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:17 pm
Big Sisters are the Best, by Fran Manushkin- highly recommended (They also have one for big brothers)

I will also second Joanna Cole as highly recommended.

The New Baby, by Mercer Mayer (the Little Critter series). Explores what you can (tickle baby, take him for walks...) and can't (play board games, get him dressed...) do with baby.

There are 2 Berenstain Bears books- one for Sister, and one for Honey. The one for Sister has less to do with feelings surrounding a new sibling and all to do with getting a new bed, so I wasn't impressed. But the one for Honey was much more applicable.

Also ask your local librarian, they should have a good feel for this.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 6:45 pm
Yael and Her New Baby Sister by Malky Weinstock

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 6:52 pm
What about me?
Artscroll
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics