Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How could the Nazis have been so evil?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:04 am
amother wrote:
The Holocaust, and other current unfathomable evils are decrees from Hashem. There is no other explanation. Somehow, it is for the ultimate good, even though we can never understand it. The question, "how could they have been so evil" is valid because it seriously makes no sense. The only way to explain it, then, is that this was Hashem's will.

This. I'm really surprised that this post hasn't got 100 likes.

There is no other explanation.

leah233

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:09 am
DrMom wrote:
Frankly, I don't think education has anything to do with this.

The Milgram experiment and the Stanford prison study were both conducted with college students.

Pol Pot was well-educated in France.

Bin Laden attended elite schools.

Many of the 9-11 terrorists were well-educated.

Many well-educated people nowadays are being inculcated with violent "Antifas" philosophy. One of the charming fellow caught on video bludgeoning someone with a bicycle u-lock at a Berkeley riot was found to be a professor (of ethics!).

I don't only mean education per se. This may not be politically correct but I don't think the upper middle class has the evil urge to riot that the lower class does. I understand how a group of rabble gets involved in riots and genocide when they are primarily coming from the lower elements of society. On the other hand the Nazis and the SS were from the elite of German society. That demographic doesn't usually get involved in such overt acts of evil as a group.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics