Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pittsburgh

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 8:42 am
Does anyone know if the Carnegie Science Center and/or the Children's Museum have any exhibits/things in storage that would make visiting problematic for a family of Kohanim? (mummies, real bones, etc.)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:44 am
I cant recall anything, but Im not positive. Wouldnt it be better to Call each museum and ask?

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:13 am
We only went to the science museum, and I don't recall anything either, but that was several years ago, and we're not Kohanim, so it's not something I pay super-close attention to.

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:14 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know if the Carnegie Science Center and/or the Children's Museum have any exhibits/things in storage that would make visiting problematic for a family of Kohanim? (mummies, real bones, etc.)

In my recollection they don't regularly have those things. The dinosaurs/mummies are kept at a different museum in Pittsburgh. It would only be part of a "roving" exhibit which you'd have to inquire about. Even the "Body Works" of the Carnegie Science Center is housed in a separate building from the main science center.

Edited: The Science Center's current exhibit does seem to involved blood and bones, but there are SO many other things to do in Pittsburgh. Right near the Children's Museum is the National Aviary with all kinds of birds. There's the incline which is a trolley ride up the mountain with a gorgeous overlook and even Point State Park which is free which is a really nice park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics