Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cuisinart food processor - 11 cup or 14 cup size?

self-actualization

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:54 am
I would like to buy a new Cuisinart food processor. I don't know which size is more practical for a typical potato kugel (for a 9 by 13 pan). Should I buy the 14 cup size - or is that too big and bulky for the job? Does anyone have either size food processor and can opine?

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:11 am
Get the bigger one. You can still make smaller recipes in it, and then you won't be stuck with not enough space when you do want to make something bigger.

Never used a Cuisinart for potato kugel so I can't gauge the measurement on that, but I'm 99% sure the one I had (long story short, it was appropriated by a family member Smile ) was 14 cups. I don't think the smaller one even takes up that much less space.

Good choice on the Cuisinart, by the way. I'm surprised they're not more popular, they're real workhorses. My mother had the same one for decades of constant use.

smss

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:05 pm
14 cup!! I have the 11 cup and wish it was bigger.

farm

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:05 pm
14 cup. I have it and love it. I usually make a 9x13 size potato kugel with it each week and it just makes it. 11 cup will not hold 9x13-worth.

self-actualization

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:08 pm
Thanks!

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:02 pm
14. I have the 11 cup for Pesach and even though it's only 3 cups less it seems so much smaller than the one I use all year. I end up doing things in more batches.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:30 pm
I have the 14 C but still empty it in the middle because of the way the shaft is, but I wouldn't go smaller on it.

That being said, I have a 10 C Hamilton Beach one for Pesach which I prefer; the design is much more intuitive for things not to spill out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics