Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toms River and Lakewood schooling
Previous  1  2

DREAMING

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
IF a school doesn't want the family money won't help.

Depends on the school, family means and situation. A new building, 100K, extra 5000\year tuition, Double building fund, etc. There is no set amount or rule at all. I don't think anyone can give you a number.
Not everyone gives money - but if 25 people who fit the school are trying for the same spot - a promise of money can only help you move up the list. Sometimes they will just take someone because it is a good fit for the school regardless of money.
And if a school thinks parents will be a headache rules wise then they may just ignore the money
I think more important then money is to follow the rules in advance. Because if you don't money won't help much.

What a wonderful system that we utilize to educate our children

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:09 pm
Do all schools accept all applications? Or is it just a Lakewood thing that not all applicants are excepted?

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 7:07 pm
I just think it's so sad all these really strict rules . Makes u believe they don't like you as a person unless you toe the line exactly. Lakewood is such a wonderful person but why does it sound so stifling?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 7:30 pm
The rules are only personal if they apply per person - but its overall and applies to everyone.
Its how the community was originally established and started.
The only reason people are moving to Lakewood or Toms River today is because BMG is here - that is why the community grew.
If people want to come in and change the community shouldn't they start their own schools?

The people who started the schools wanted them run a certain way. I don't think they should be vilified. they have every right to stick to what they want - plus the schools are overloaded so there is no reason to change to attract new families. I don't get the expectation that schools should change to accommodate new families who moved for cheap housing but not the community.

Personally I don't love the rules and DH and I aren't typical Lakewood at all - but I know this is were I'm living and were my kids go to school so we make sure to follow the handbook to a T.

I'm sure there are more yeshivish schools in Flatbush. Would the families moving to Toms River apply there and expect to get in?

benny

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
The rules are only personal if they apply per person - but its overall and applies to everyone.
Its how the community was originally established and started.
The only reason people are moving to Lakewood or Toms River today is because BMG is here - that is why the community grew.
If people want to come in and change the community shouldn't they start their own schools?

The people who started the schools wanted them run a certain way. I don't think they should be vilified. they have every right to stick to what they want - plus the schools are overloaded so there is no reason to change to attract new families. I don't get the expectation that schools should change to accommodate new families who moved for cheap housing but not the community.

Personally I don't love the rules and DH and I aren't typical Lakewood at all - but I know this is were I'm living and were my kids go to school so we make sure to follow the handbook to a T.

I'm sure there are more yeshivish schools in Flatbush. Would the families moving to Toms River apply there and expect to get in?

This.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating