Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you watch Lost?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:20 am
I just finished season 1 and really enjoying it. my question is if every few episodes someone dies until no one is left? is that the entire show or do they get rescued and continue normal living...

please tell me. I love spoilers.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
I just finished season 1 and really enjoying it. my question is if every few episodes someone dies until no one is left? is that the entire show or do they get rescued and continue normal living...

Are you sure? Because I can give you one bit of info that'll answer your question...

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:24 am
Google spoils everything. Click at your own risk:

https://www.google.co.il/searc.....UTF-8

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:32 am
amother wrote:

None of the above.

Keep watching. Best show ever.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:35 am
yes please MrsDash. please tell me.

from what I googled I learned there is one answer that it was all a dream or fake or whatever cuz no one survived the crash. I still want to know how the dream makes sense.

from google I get bits and pieces. I need a full sensible picture. please do share.
I like spoilers. I don't like the suspense and when nothing makes sense. when I know the ending I enjoy the show much more bc I can understand the parts as they happen.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:41 am
amother wrote:
yes please MrsDash. please tell me.

from what I googled I learned there is one answer that it was all a dream or fake or whatever cuz no one survived the crash. I still want to know how the dream makes sense.

from google I get bits and pieces. I need a full sensible picture. please do share.
I like spoilers. I don't like the suspense and when nothing makes sense. when I know the ending I enjoy the show much more bc I can understand the parts as they happen.

That is NOT what happened. Drives me nuts when people say that the ending is that it was all a dream!! There's no way to google it and understand it all, so much happens in the coming seasons. There are characters you haven't met yet, concepts you haven't been introduced to, etc. Spoilers won't help you.

Do yourself a favor, and watch it. Thank me later.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:47 am
Great show, worst finale. Ruined the whole thing for me.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:48 am
The first few seasons were great than it got really weird. Is it worth finishing?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:51 am
Not in my opinion...

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:52 am
I know about the characters and different groups that are on the island. I don't need the nitty gritty. I do need to know if everyone dies slowly or if they get off the island.

spoiler alert!! do not read if you haven't finished the show.

I know that only 6 people actually get off the island. what happens to the rest? do they all die?
google does not provide that answer.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:30 am
according to the opinion that it's not all a dream and that they survived the crash:

some people stay on the island, some people leave and come back, some people leave and don't come back, some people travel through time and different lifestyles, new people are introduced both on and off the island, new concepts are introduced, new friends and enemies, sometimes it's unclear who is the "good guys" vs the "bad guys"

there are alternative timelines.

there are different opinions on what's real, what's fake, what happened, who died and when they actually died.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:35 am
amother wrote:

no, it doesn't happen that someone dies every episode until no one is left. most of them stay alive till the end.

people do get rescued and continue normal living. but some of them decide to go back to rescue the others.

those that stay on the island travel through time and live differently. the people that come back end up in the alternative timeline.

a lot of stuff happens. some people say it's all a dream and they're all really dead.

the ending is disappointing and not clear.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:36 am
I watched all the seasons in one long marathon stretch a few years ago when I was home sick for a long stretch and bored out of my mind. I loved the first 2 seasons, then it got weird, then it got outright stupid, but I was determined to stick it out and then they gave it the worst, most unsatisfying ending. What a waste of time the whole thing was.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:39 am
it also shows the background of a lot of people and their families and their history both on and off the island, the history of the island, how some people are actually related.

do you have a question about any specific character?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
according to the opinion that it's not all a dream and that they survived the crash:

some people stay on the island, some people leave and come back, some people leave and don't come back, some people travel through time and different lifestyles, new people are introduced both on and off the island, new concepts are introduced, new friends and enemies, sometimes it's unclear who is the "good guys" vs the "bad guys"

there are alternative timelines.

there are different opinions on what's real, what's fake, what happened, who died and when they actually died.

The writers of the show are crystal clear that they survived the crash, and that it was not all a dream. So its hardly an "opinion."

In any case, why do you need to be anonymous to discuss an old TV show?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:42 am
correction regarding people getting "rescued"

it's more that they "escaped" or they found ways to get off the island, and they found ways to get back to the island

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
it also shows the background of a lot of people and their families and their history both on and off the island, the history of the island, how some people are actually related.

do you have a question about any specific character?

I love the flashbacks. it's fascinating a superbly contrived but that's TV for you. love it.

not looking forward to all the confusion but for now I'm lovin so not gonna stop.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:07 am
First of all, OP, I love spoilers too and enjoy shows so much more without the suspense!! I never finished Lost but from what I read it was not all a dream. Everyone had a different fate and some survivors stayed on the island, even by choice.
Second, if you're enjoying Lost, the Leftovers is an incredible show made by the same person (people?). It only has three seasons, and the third is airing now.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:09 am
despite all the 'lost' fad - I only watched the finale because marina wanted to watch it ... seemed like a pretty stupid ending & I was still left wondering what all the rage was about

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
First of all, OP, I love spoilers too and enjoy shows so much more without the suspense!! I never finished Lost but from what I read it was not all a dream. Everyone had a different fate and some survivors stayed on the island, even by choice.
Second, if you're enjoying Lost, the Leftovers is an incredible show made by the same person (people?). It only has three seasons, and the third is airing now.

thank you! when I tell people that I like spoilers for movies, shows and books they look at me like I'm an alien. I'm so happy to hear there are others out there like me.
this is a reason why I can't watch a show that's not completed yet. I cant wait from one week to next and not be able to google/ask.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics