Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly sheitel questions
1  2  Next

HealthCoach

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 10:53 am
I am looking to buy a curly sheitel. There seem to be 3 options

1.Get a straight one, and curl it.
2.Get a curly one.
3.Get a straight one and perm it.

I'm told with option 1 it only stays curly for 2 days. That won't do. I'm torn between perming a straight one, and getting a curly one. The curly ones seemed out of control, but I'm not sure if that's because they weren't styled yet. Anyone have any insight?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 11:24 pm
what is your price range? where do you live?

greenfire

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 11:43 pm
if you really want the curls to be authentic ... I would stick with the curly one ... and use the right hair products to help it not be "out of control" ...

sleepyhead

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 11:53 pm
I have a curly wig. If you really want your wig to stay curly, that's the only way to go. I find that it is a lot sipler to take care of than my not curly shaitel. It doesn't have to be blown. JUst wash and crimp, or allow to dry naturally and touch up with a curling-iron.

HealthCoach

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 11:56 pm
I live in Brooklyn. So far I went to Milano and Shevy. I want to get a good one, so I guess my price range is up to $3000. The curly ones looked frizzy as opposed to curly. Is that the way they will always look?

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 12:24 am
all of them ... perhaps they need to be "done" first ... curly needs lots of frizz eaze or other such conditioner ... spray ... whatever it's called ... but wait till you get enough answers ... as I am no longer so familar with sheitels ...

lamplighter

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 10:54 am
My friend, a sheitel macher told me for straight you get a shevy but for curly a freeda.
although Of my five curly headed friends who bought a curly sheitel only 1 wears it much anymore, the curlyness kinda of dies after a year or so and u needs lots of product to maintain it even wiht in teh first year.
most like ti as their first bc its like their hair but usually change out of convienance

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 11:25 am
why should we conveniently look different ... it's so much better to have a sheitel that allows you to feel like yourself ... familiarize yourself with the how-tos and you'll do just fine with the curly one ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 1:38 pm
If you get a custom curley they stay, but they are $$$$ and you have to know how to take care of it.

chanb

Post Fri, Dec 19 2008, 12:24 am
where can you get a good $$$$ curly cusom?? Thanks!

mom2bsn

Post Sat, Dec 20 2008, 3:50 pm
I have one thats full of bounce and the sheitel macher curls it and it stays very nicely

mamacita

Post Sat, Dec 20 2008, 4:24 pm
Mine is a custom, usually $1400 but I got a discount cuz it was a reject (their loss, my gain!). It's curly and I style it the same way I styled my hair. I wash, condition, leave the conditioner in for a long time, rinse, add some kind of curly hair product like mousse, crunch with my fingers, air dry, crunch some more so it's not stiff. And voila! Not as curly as my hair, but def not straight, B"H.

chanb

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 8:00 pm
mamacita- what brand is your curly? is there a reason u went with this brand? how long have you had it? has the curl 'held up'?
thanks!

heffer569

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 9:14 pm
there is a sheital macher in flatbush named lauren eisenberger or something she specializes in curly sheitals hers are amazing.

Sunflower99

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 9:17 pm
I have a custom custom 18 inch curly, gorgeous wig made by Clary in Boro Park. It was 1800. I would recommend them.

chanb

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 10:27 pm
thanks for the replies everyone. I live out of town so it's hard to gather info like this. The clary is super curly or more wavy curly? that sounds like an excellent price! have the curls held up well? :D

r.grozh

Post Thu, Dec 25 2008, 7:10 am
My sheitel is from Zina (antwerp) and she explained how to curl. So look:
Wash you wig with the shampoo, put conditioner on, rinse very well. Put mousse (like Pantene) on wet hair, come it and crunch with you fingers. But never blow dry curly hair Exclamation Put the wig on wigstand and on very hot heater. Let it dry till the hair become very hard. When it is completely dry - crunch with you fingers, make hair soft back. For the natural curly hair nice curly look will stay up to 2-3 month.
The price range of Zina's natural curly sheitels is 1400 - 1500 $ - depends on hair length.

mamacita

Post Thu, Dec 25 2008, 4:54 pm
My sheitel is a custom from a sheitel macher in israel. I can give you her contact info if you like.

I've had it 3 years. How often I have to wash it to get the curl back in depends on how often I wear it, how the weather is when I wear it, how good a job I did styling it to begin with.

mama-star

Post Thu, Dec 25 2008, 5:10 pm
I knew a woman in CH with the most gorgeous clary curly sheitl. it was magnificent.

granolamom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2008, 6:38 pm
I have a curly wig from lauren, its fabulous. I've also had two curly freeda's, not so fabulous. they lost some curl pretty quickly. I have very curly hair, and that's what I wanted in my wig, but if you're happy with a strong wave then a freeda's probably good enough.
but from what I've seen/heard, for 'real curly curls' you get what you pay for.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels