Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Outing somebody's anonymity

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 2:49 am
I note that I a thread currently still active, a mod outed someone who posted a not nice comment as amother. Whilst I think that I have usually been very careful not to post nasty comments either under my screen name or anonymously, have certainly asked difficult shalom bayit, parenting and emotional health questions anonymously, and I would not be at all happy if my screen name was revealed.

What exactly is the mods policy on revealing screen names? Imamother has always said that if you post anonymously , only Yael knows who you are. But it seems that in fact the mods do as well.

So - what IS the official policy on this matter?

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 2:54 am
Reread the post. Are you sure she outed the poster or did she refer to her by the color assigned to her "amother" identity? Ie. you are Seagreen.

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 6:26 am
Mods would never out anyone. She was using the randomly assigned color. Some people use "amother randomly assigned color" which makes it clear that this is not a chosen sn, but not everyone does.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 8:06 am
I am the mod for the thread in question. It had been reported. I did not "out" anyone but did "call out" an Amother by color. I would have been nicer had she used her screen name in making the attack — I might have simply deleted the offensive posts. Do you think I should have handled it differently?

Excessive Household Help Thread, page 4: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=60

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 9:46 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I am the mod for the thread in question. It had been reported. I did not "out" anyone but did "call out" an Amother by color. I would have been nicer had she used her screen name in making the attack — I might have simply deleted the offensive posts. Do you think I should have handled it differently?

Excessive Household Help Thread, page 4: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=60

Now I'm so curious what she wrote. How nasty can you be about cleaning help?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 9:49 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Now I'm so curious what she wrote. How nasty can you be about cleaning help?

I reported it. It was an attack on a poster, and Rubber Ducky was absolutely right in taking it down.

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 9:56 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:

No, you were spot on.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 5:41 pm
I made a mistake because I read too quickly and thought that there was a poster whose screen name was Sienna.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify, and please accept my apology for the error.

merelyme

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 6:02 pm
Mods cannot see who an "amother" poster is - only Yael can check that, and she does it only when necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics