Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra fitting in Lakewood

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:39 pm
Any recommendations positive or negative experiences at saposh too, tafi, purple orchid? Do they do a good job fitting? Looking to go tomorrow

benny

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:52 pm
I've only had good experiences in Tafi!

newface34

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:54 pm
I've only had great experience at Saposh!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 11:07 pm
I went to Purple Orchid recently for first time and I was amazed. It's so nice and private there and they really fit well. She kept bringing in more and more until we found the perfect one. I was really impressed.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:24 am
shalva's boutique She is magic

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:42 am
Please remember fitting a bra is not the issue - the bra has to go with the type of clothing you're going to wear with it if you're wearing soft or stiffer clothing you must make sure the which style bra looks best that's what means a good fitting. You don't need a professional to see what size you need you have to look the best you can

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:45 am
I think Tafi does the most exact fit. I've gone other places and they were happy with almost good - but not perfect.
But I don't like Tafi's setup and dressing rooms. I feel very exposed. So I try other places but haven't found as exact of a fit.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
Please remember fitting a bra is not the issue - the bra has to go with the type of clothing you're going to wear with it if you're wearing soft or stiffer clothing you must make sure the which style bra looks best that's what means a good fitting. You don't need a professional to see what size you need you have to look the best you can

Not OP, but can you explain what you mean? I'm a bit clueless with these things...

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:25 pm
There are minimizers padded bras depending how you look best. Fitting a bra doesn't mean getting the right size it means getting the right bra that looks best with what you wear

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:50 pm
(347) 831-7475
Tova (she has the Brooklyn location) her daughter has a store in Lakewood.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 10:15 am
I am a complicated fit, and really like Hosiery Plus on James. The have a curtain in the back of the store that opens to the lingerie dept. They do on-site alterations and are perfectionists when it comes to fit.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:10 am
Bump-
Anyone have any new suggestions??

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:26 am
To update - hosiery plus closed that branch of lingerie. Tafi has a really nice store now.

Tafi does an amazing fit but I don’t have patience for lines.

I tried trousseau recently and was very happy.
I’ve also heard great things about mySelf.

But I’m not sure the lingerie stores are open yet for business. Sad. Can’t really claim religious exemption like the clothing stores. Or maybe they are...

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:13 am
What about bra and girdle factory- saw something about them from years ago here on imamother

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:14 pm
Bump?

abmom2

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:18 pm
Does anyone have any experience at the lingerie shop on cedarbridge?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:01 pm
I recently discovered the flexible sizing on some brands e.g. Bali Smart Sizes and Warner Easy Does it (e.g. there's S, M, L, XL which each cover several sizes).
Many of them have a removable cup liner for smoothing which I like very much.

The Lingerie Shoppe carries Bravado 1401 (which is a nursing style but works very well if you need good support) and you can order online. However I tried calling & texting to see if they are doing alterations (although I can do it myself if I ever get around to changing the thread on the machine....) & wasn't able to get a reply.

You can click on a size chart & probably find your range. I have a friend in the business who recommended the Bravado & was able to guide me on size. I probably would have done a large size but I'm very happy with what I got.

I did also try a Hanes Comfort Strap but it did not have the depth of cup I need. The others were great though (although some did not have an adjustable strap so I had to shorten myself with sewing machine).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics