Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much to transfer con ed electric meter to outside house?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 6:09 pm
How much does it cost to transfer an electric con edison meter from inside the house to outside, in Brooklyn? Do we contract any electrician?

bookie

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:09 pm
I think con ed does it for you.when my lamdlord did it, it was bet one to two hundred

groovy1224

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:20 pm
Why not call con ed and ask?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:30 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

I thought they would be the most expensive option.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 8:00 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

Con edison told me they don't do this. We have to find a licensed electrician to do it and then the elctrician submits it to con edison and then con edison inspects it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a licensed electrician in Brooklyn who can do this?

solo

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 8:18 pm
I wanted to do same. Instead coned has a remote reader so they don't need access to my house. Free of charge!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 9:31 pm
solo wrote:
I wanted to do same. Instead coned has a remote reader so they don't need access to my house. Free of charge!

Yours was done for electricity? or gas? Con Edison through whom we have electricity said they don't do this themselves, we have to call an electrician.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:48 am
anyone know any licensed electricians in brooklyn who do this?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
Yours was done for electricity? or gas? Con Edison through whom we have electricity said they don't do this themselves, we have to call an electrician.

If a meter (gas, electric or water) is in your home it is your responsibility to cover the costs of moving it. If it is outside, the utility company may move it if that's what they want. If you want it moved for esthetics or convenience it's going to cost you.

Any licensed electrical contractor should be able to do the job for you.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:33 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
If a meter (gas, electric or water) is in your home it is your responsibility to cover the costs of moving it. If it is outside, the utility company may move it if that's what they want. If you want it moved for esthetics or convenience it's going to cost you.

Any licensed electrical contractor should be able to do the job for you.

We will pay, but haven't found one. one electrician, said he doesn't do it. Are there any electricians licensed in Brooklyn that you know if that do it?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
We will pay, but haven't found one. one electrician, said he doesn't do it. Are there any electricians licensed in Brooklyn that you know if that do it?

I'm on the left coast. I have a half dozen I could tell you to use but it wouldn't be cost effective.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics