Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ichud idea in Lakewood?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 12:47 pm
Looks like I'll be putting my son in Ichud next year in BP.
I'm moving to lakewood in a year from now iyh. Is there something similiar there? (chassidish!)

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 1:34 pm
What is Ichud?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:12 pm
Chayalle wrote:
What is Ichud?

small classes for kids with certain issues. helps them to be able to go back to regular school eventually.
Or is there any chassidish cheder with small classes in lakewood?

debsey

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
small classes for kids with certain issues. helps them to be able to go back to regular school eventually.
Or is there any chassidish cheder with small classes in lakewood?

There's Mekor HaChinuch, which has self-contained classes in specific chadarim. You should reach out to them.

http://www.mekorhachinuch.org/about-us.html

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:18 pm
debsey wrote:
There's Mekor HaChinuch, which has self-contained classes in specific chadarim. You should reach out to them.

http://www.mekorhachinuch.org/about-us.html

Thanks so much! that sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
just is it for chassidish yiddish speaking too?

debsey

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:31 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much! that sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
just is it for chassidish yiddish speaking too?

less options but still some. My close relative sends a daughter there and it's a lifesaver.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:37 pm
debsey wrote:
less options but still some. My close relative sends a daughter there and it's a lifesaver.

Thanks so much!

sourstix

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:03 pm
Toras emes is the only Yiddish speaking that has it. Satmar, but not Yiddish speaking chasidish.

Basically for boys the regular chasidish are not part of it yet. For some reason I don't know

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:12 pm
sourstix-are you saying that Satmar Lakewood is not chassidish and Yiddish speaking? Of course they are. The Rebbeim only speak YIddish and many of the kids speak YIddish to each other as well.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:16 pm
sourstix wrote:
Toras emes is the only Yiddish speaking that has it. Satmar, but not Yiddish speaking chasidish.

Basically for boys the regular chasidish are not part of it yet. For some reason I don't know

Are you saying that the Ichud class housed within Satmar is not Yiddish speaking?

sourstix

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:46 pm
You need to call and find out. I know that the general population in satmar kids are English speaking heimishe kids. They understand a lot of Yiddish but their primary language is English. So a kid that comes from a Yiddish speaking home can acclimate but the culture shock is great.

If you have a easy going type of child then it can work.

It's not chasidish Brooklyn. Nothing the same at all.

The staff is amazing. A very good friend of mine sends there.

The melamdim speak a good Yiddish but it's not the chasidish that is like in the regular chasidish. Like rachmistrivke or skver or belz.

Does this make sense to you? If not ask me and I'll try to explain better.

The kids can speak Yiddish but they speak mostly English. Same is with darchai avoseinu, toras emes, Talmud Torah.

Skver rachmistrivke and belz are the typical chasidish like in Brooklyn. Hope this helps you. Don't take my word for this you should ask more people in real life

Toras emes has some regular yiddish speaking kids. Most of them not

Last edited by sourstix on Wed, May 03 2017, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:49 pm
Lakewood kids speak a lot more English then in NY. The playground language is for the most part English. The boys play lots of sports. Its different.

sourstix

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:53 pm
[quote="amother"]sourstix-are you saying that Satmar Lakewood is not chassidish and Yiddish speaking? Of course they are. The Rebbeim only speak YIddish and many of the kids speak YIddish to each other as well.[/quote]

I'm just telling you what I know a good friend of mine sends there so that's all I've got. Aderaba enlighten us

I don't know all the kids there so I can't tell you what every kid I'd like that's the impression I've been getting. I might be wrong. I have been wrong many times in my life.

I do suggest op speaks to people in real life and not rely on what I'm saying.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 3:27 pm
Agree that Satmar is not as chassidish as Skver and Rachmistivke or Belz. But for sure more chassidish and yiddish speaking than Toras Emes, which is pretty borderline AFAIK.

Definitely nothing like the Brooklyn chadurim. But, anyone moving from BP or Williamsburg should know that nothing in Lakewood is like Brooklyn! Not even within Belz. There are more outsiders davening and living in the Belz neighborhood Percentage-wise than you'll find in BP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children