Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Section for buying, selling, donating?
1  2  Next

daisy

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 1:51 am
I'm having a racing mind lately during my middle of the night bouts of insomnia. Confused

Someone posted recently about giving away an ovulation monitor (I think). I happen to have a bunch of pregnancy tests that will just expire if I leave them sitting in my drawer and would be happy to give them away. Therefore, I was wondering what people thought about having a section for buying, selling, and donating items?

Might be nice to do that here, since sometimes some of us have a hard time finding the more specialty items that are helpful and necessary to a frum lifestyle, and even for other items, it would be nice to sell or give them to other frum women.

Obviously, it would have to be at ones own risk.

daisy

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 3:24 am
On second thought, now that I'm still up but it's sort of morning here - probably everyone here is too anonymous to do such a thing. Oh well, still throwing it out there...

hisorerus

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 8:18 am
Could post giveaways AND addresses to send to as amother...?

carrot

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 8:49 am
I think it's a good idea. there should be a way to work it out...

Mommy912

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 10:58 am
Maybe someone who was looking for a home business can make a private ebay type thing or selling portal for us and she will be the only one to know the identities and she will make some commission and we will all be happy. Anybody want to try?

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 11:38 am
That sounds great and we'll know we r supporting jews. 8)
It must be someone w/h time NOT ME Rolling Eyes Someone Organized NOT ME Rolling Eyes
So who out there wants to do this and does one need a license or something?

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 11:45 am
my husband was organizing an auction site a while back that he never launched. I can ask him if he'd be interested in showing me how it works.

roza

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 11:47 am
freilich wrote:
That sounds great and we'll know we r supporting jews. 8)
It must be someone w/h time NOT ME Rolling Eyes Someone Organized NOT ME Rolling Eyes
So who out there wants to do this and does one need a license or something?

it does not take much time if the owner of the item will email a picture and a description. but actual shipping is done by the owner and the ebay person just does the turn over (putting on ebay, recieve payment, communication with the buyer ect) . similar to this company http://www.auctiondrop.com/

don't get license at the beginning, later u can get it...

shoy18

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 12:33 pm
I have alot of medical supplies I want to get rid of I have needles and tubing etc... and I dont want them to go to waist but I have no one to give it.

lucky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 8:59 am
I think it is a great idea. I have a lot of baby items that I would sell (very cheap) due to lack of storage space. I am giving some stuff (infant seat, swing,)to my neighbor who had twins.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 9:36 am
PUFFY PAINTS

I have a TREMENDOUS amount of (tulip brand) puffy paints I'd like to sell and get rid of, in probably every color under the sun. great for families with older kids or mothers who are creative and like decorating their kids clothing or yarmulkas.

Let me know if you're serious, and we can work out that it makes sense for both of us!

At times I thought of putting sets of 12 (selection of colors) up on eBay. just never got round to it.

PM me.

hisorerus

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 9:52 am
Oh, those puffy paints sound like SOOO much fun! Heaven is a huge assortment of craft materials Smile. But I should probably leave that to someone who's more likely to use them soon.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 11:21 am
hisorerus, I have more than enough for everybody!!!! I must own about 600 bottles......

Surprised
Surprised
Surprised

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:44 pm
queen, I'm not even going to ask why you have 600 bottles of puffy paint! shock
also, don't they dry up, eventually?
I have a tons of child safety outlet covers and oven knob covers (for any of you who read my story about getting locked into my apt.... I think that what I used as a safety lock for my front door knob, is really supposed to be for oven knobs!)

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 4:28 pm
People put up pics of these things and the puffy paint I'll use to decorate kippahs , t-shirts and for camp stuff etc.

lucky

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 6:48 pm
I stocked up on supplies to make mishloach monos (to sell). in the end it did not work out, and I have loads of stuff in my bsmt. Anyone looking for boxco boxes or shrink wrap?

curlyhead

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 7:39 pm
Anyone in Melbourne need Kosher Iron Vitamins. I have a unopened pack that expires in a year.

tzivi

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 6:57 am
Rivky,
why don't you just use them??
Surely a Mummy always needs iron tablets??
Very Happy

queen

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 3:47 pm
Just rementioning......

if anyone would like puffy paints, I have enough for EVERYONE on this site. They are 1.1 fluid ounce bottles.

It's basically $1/bottle plus shipping. These bottles sell for $2 each at the store. I bought them on sale and have too many of them, which I'd like to get rid of.

First come, first serve. So puff away!

Queen

PM me if you're interested.

Rivk

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:52 pm
Anyone interested in buying two round trip tickets to NY including two night hotel stay at Avenue Plaza? I won them at a chinese auction and I'm afraid this free trip might cause me to spend too much while I'm there! In other words, we don't really have money for a vacation even if it's free! Not sure about blackout days or other restrictions though - will find out. PM me if interested.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics