Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O can you guess who I am? (game)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
30s or younger. You have it.

There's still noway to know whom I am.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:54 pm
amother wrote:
30s or younger. You have it.

Does that narrow it down much with imamother members?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
Look. I can help you.
You can definitely light a candle say some thilim go to her kever. Whatever.

Also in dont want to work through the issues. Maybe I'm sick and tired? Let HER work through the issues!!

You sound fd up, mauve. Whilst it's good to see that you are setting boundaries with you MIL, I guess it depends whether you have issues with her or she has issues with you. in the second instance I think you're right- her issue, her problem .

However somehow I think that the first instance is more likely, because, after all, you are the one who had the dream. And as you know, you cannot change her. You can only change YOU. So expecting HER to work through the issues that only YOU have isn't really going to help YOU op, is it?

Sounds like the issues are hard for you to face, perhaps?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:04 pm
Anyone want to guess who anyone is yet?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:05 pm
It's always clear who I am.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
You sound fd up, mauve. Whilst it's good to see that you are setting boundaries with you MIL, I guess it depends whether you have issues with her or she has issues with you. in the second instance I think you're right- her issue, her problem .

However somehow I think that the first instance is more likely, because, after all, you are the one who had the dream. And as you know, you cannot change her. You can only change YOU. So expecting HER to work through the issues that only YOU have isn't really going to help YOU op, is it?

Sounds like the issues are hard for you to face, perhaps?

You are from London or Australia but let's pretend I don't know.
Let's continue;
Not enough that she never wants to take my kids and she favors my sil and she talks about her issues only to her sons because she's not in good terms with her daughters and she has nothing in common with fil so she replaces her husband with her sons and she spoiled her sons and incapacitated them and the list goes on???? SHE is the one with the issues!!! And nobody even understands me! She never went for therapy and thinks that she is perfect and everyone else is not (except her sons of course)

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
Of course not. A. This would be rude even if she were not your mother. For your mother lo kol sheken. B. This would violate Kibbud av Vaem. C. If she came to you all the way from "over there" , she must have a truly urgent reason.

Unless of course she was a meddlesome nudnick in life and she's continuing to be a meddlesome nudnick in the afterlife. How long is she gone and has she ever before visited you in a dream?

Oops, I just noticed it's your mil not your mom. So Kibbud av vaem might not apply, but Hadrat Pnei Zaken still does. As do the other points.

This is Zaq or Fox?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
You are from London or Australia but let's pretend I don't know.

)

Well I'd rather NOT pretend that, because this is the whole point of the thread.

What makes you say this?

BTW- you are correct.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
Well I'd rather NOT pretend that, because this is the whole point of the thread.

What makes you say this?

BTW- you are correct.

I don't know how that poster guessed, but I'm assuming it's because you said 'whilst'. In the US we say 'while'.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know how that poster guessed, but I'm assuming it's because you said 'whilst'. In the US we say 'while'.

Interesting.

Anyone else got any other guesses?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:59 pm
amother wrote:

Correct.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:24 pm
Are you from Melbourne?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
Are you from Melbourne?

Hey! You are almost saying her REAL LIFE NAME.
Don't get confused, this is about SCREEN NAMES!!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:40 pm
Remember you guessed Australia OR London? Plus maybe I made Aliyah?

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:45 pm
amother wrote:
Hoo.
Now who's this beg Talmud chuchom around here? I'm almost getting you!

I'm terrible at this stuff but if I had to take a guess, I'd say Crust based on your spelling of 'chuchom'.

pause

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
This is Zaq or Fox?
No. Zaq and Fox tend to all-caps the acronym MIL.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:19 pm
So I'm thinking the rules of this game have got to be (and it's my game, so I get to make up the rules Wink ) - you can't ask questions like "are you from x" etc because of course if you ask enough questions you'll get it. I was more curious to see who we can pick by their writing style.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:21 pm
pause wrote:
No. Zaq and Fox tend to all-caps the acronym MIL.

Yes this is more what I'm looking for. Noticing something like that.

sourstix

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:26 pm
Wow some people here are sure good at this. I wonder if anyone ever figured out who I am. I wonder because I don't even know anyone that's on this place personally in real life so then I don't know anyone and no one knows me yay!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:31 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I'm terrible at this stuff but if I had to take a guess, I'd say Crust based on your spelling of 'chuchom'.

So you guess people based on the spelling and grammar choices that they make?
Interesting.

I would have guessed crust if she was offering some sage emotional advice to someone. It's cool to see what different people focus on.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics