Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO girls school in Lakewood giving individual attention

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:58 pm
I am likely moving to Lakewood this summer. My daughter will be going to first grade. She has a difficult time in the classroom, she needs alot of individual attention to stay focused, and know what is expected of her. Academically she is fine (mostly.) I am also afraid she will not be able to sit still as much as is typically expected of 1st graders.

She does not belong in a serious "special ed" environment, because she is smart and very sociable.

I am getting her evaluated, but I need to start looking into schools before that is done.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 3:32 pm
I send my daughter to moreshes Bais yaakov. It's a small school that goes until 3rd grade. (Next year will be 4th grade ect.) The principal Mrs Busel is an absolute star! My daughter gets tons of therapy and they are super accommodating. Parent body of school is also amazing....

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:17 pm
Ateres tziporah

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
Ateres tziporah

Another vote for Ateres Tzipora!
My DD has similar issues (she's in first grade). We had her evaluated and she is currently receiving OT and language therapy and has a shadow. The school has been AMAZING! The therapists have even commented about how special the school is and how much they care about each kid!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 10:28 pm
Thanks! Does anyone have info about ateres bais yaakov?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 12:01 am
Ateres Tzipora is a fabulous place for a kid like your DD. The principal cares about each kid like her own. It's a small school. Only one class per grade and the hanhala is very warm and accepting.

debsey

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 1:16 am
amother wrote:

Who is the principal? A lot of times Lakewood schools have an official name but people know them better by the principal's name.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 1:46 am
amother wrote:

From a quick google search it looks like this is the school that used to be Bais Yaakov of Western Monmouth County. They moved into Lakewood a couple of years ago and renamed the school. I believe their oldest grade is currently 5th grade.

I've heard positive things about the school but it is still young (and I have heard that it hasn't been such smooth going). While they have small classes now, that is mostly a function of them not having been in Lakewood until last year (and only 'permanently' this year). There is no way to know if they will stay small or if they will want to grow bigger now that they can.

Most schools in Lakewood have parallel classes within the first few years, if they are successful, so it is very possible that they will have 2 primarys this coming year, unless people aren't happy there (ie they don't have a good reputation) or they make a decision that they don't want to grow (yet).

(Ateres Tzipora's principal, Mrs. Insel, has made an effort to keep the school at one class per grade- they could easily make two or even three based on the number of applicants- because it allows her to really be involved with all of the kids. I don't know how long she'll be able to keep it this way, but the desire is definitely there)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics