Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Abuse organization
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 10:18 am
I didn't know where to put this so I put it here

I just found out that there is an organization that helps protect s-x abusers. They help them legally and even coach the children how to lie to the authorities and threaten them if they don't.

I'm so shocked I don't know what to say/how to handle this info! It's one thing to question whether to report it but to actually protect these people?

How do they sleep at night knowing what they are perpetuating?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 10:37 am
No words.

studying_torah

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 10:43 am
I have so many questions. How did you hear of this? Did you do research to find out if your source is accurate, not exaggerated, etc? Why not report this organization? What part of the world do they operate in? Can you tell us the name of this organization, so we can warn our kids to stay far away? Who brings the kids to them, and why? I can't imagine kids show up there themselves.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
No words.

I just found out that tehere's an organization that sells virgins and uses the profits to fund yeshiva learning.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 11:55 am
It is in Williamsburg and I was involved in a case where they were called in to tell the child how to lie, also helped the abuser.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:04 pm
I want to know if it is an organization with a name. Our community does it anyway without an "official organization". I was the child who was told not to tell. Too many times.

There were those who told the opposite. Lost case.

imasoftov

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:11 pm
Ruby, please contact the authorities with details. If you're afraid of consequences, contact a journalist anonymously. Witness tampering is a crime.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
It is in Williamsburg and I was involved in a case where they were called in to tell the child how to lie, also helped the abuser.

So why do you post this here?
If you know something, SAY something!
Speak up.
Every one knows this. It's nothing new. But if you're involved and you know something first hand, get involved with the right people that will know what to do with your information..

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't know where to put this so I put it here

I just found out that there is an organization that helps protect s-x abusers. They help them legally and even coach the children how to lie to the authorities and threaten them if they don't.

I'm so shocked I don't know what to say/how to handle this info! It's one thing to question whether to report it but to actually protect these people?

How do they sleep at night knowing what they are perpetuating?

Is it called the Va'ad Hatznius, by any chance? Because there's a lot of stories going around re their efforts to protect s-x abusers from going to jail.

cnc

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
So why do you post this here?
If you know something, SAY something!
Speak up.
Every one knows this. It's nothing new. But if you're involved and you know something first hand, get involved with the right people that will know what to do with your information..

Everyone knows this?? It's the first I'm hearing about this. Expose them by all means.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:42 pm
I don't understand... is this a group of known abusers protecting themselves? Or are there "non-abusers" (quotes necessary, because if you are protecting abusers you are a partner in their abuse) actually funding and helping them? Why would anyone help them? I don't understand this at all.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 1:07 pm
Someone had reported it already, I found out about it later. I was just shocked to find out that this is going on. I'm still trying to process it. How can someone do this?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 1:21 pm

Miri7

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 3:23 pm
Is this real? If so, everyone needs to be going to the press and local and state authorities until it's exposed and shut down. This is just...beyond.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 7:09 pm

imasoftov

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 1:36 pm
ruby amother wrote:
Someone had reported it already, I found out about it later. I was just shocked to find out that this is going on. I'm still trying to process it. How can someone do this?

They can do this because they haven't been stopped. Some suggestions for stopping them

1. Contact whomever this was reported to and see if what you know can help. Even if you don't have any information they don't already know, multiple confirmation can be useful.

2. Publicize details, so others with information can do likewise. And that parents of victims can keep their children away from this organization. And that people who might otherwise have donated to this organization or helped it in some other way thinking it did something positive (presumably this organization doesn't tell prospective supporters that they coach victims and witnesses of abuse to lie) stop.

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, May 07 2017, 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:46 am

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 1:46 am
amother wrote:
Welcome to the club! Cheers

(Sorry, I cant resist welcoming innocent people who really think some thing other than moshiach can help here.)

Dissilusioned much?!
Why so much dark humor?
Change starts from one person talking action, perhaps imasoftov is right? What

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 2:00 am
[quote="amother"]

imasoftov

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 6:13 am
turquoise amother wrote:
Try. I hope you're not dissilusioned too soon. One person cannot take action against an entire organization without hard data; videos etc. Even if she does take action with black on white proof, she still has to be ready to be crushed in the process.
Oh! I forgot to welcome you to the club!
Cheers

Many abusers are already in jail despite organized efforts to keep them out. But even if the OP can't put anyone in jail, she could still warn others by naming names.

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, May 07 2017, 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics