Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Iso kosher raw milk from pastured livestock, Brooklyn NY

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 1:34 pm
My son did a Google search for kosher raw milk and this is what he said to me,
''Ma, I found someone who has information about this. She says to pm her. What does it mean to pm her?''
He then showed me the screen and it was an Imamother post, and it was ''seeker'' who had responded to a request for raw milk.

So ''seeker'', can you tell me where my son can get ahold of kosher raw milk in Brooklyn or NYC.

Would you have an email address where I can email you, so as to not out my sn?

Thanks!

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 1:50 pm
LOL about the google search!
I'm not sure what's so private about the request for raw milk information. The reason I don't want to post on the forum is because it's not a company, I just know an individual who personally goes to a natural dairy farm, supervises the run so it's kosher+CY, and brings a load back to Brooklyn to sell to other individuals. So I can easily enough put people in touch with each other, but I doubt he wants his information all the way out there.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 1:52 pm
I only know of the Gertners from Monroe that have goat milk or Franklin from Monsey / Catskills that may have cows. Idk what pasteurized milk means. (Although I used to know lol.)

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 1:59 pm
Raw is the opposite of pasteurized. Pastured means they spend time in a field and eat grass, not exclusively in a barn and fed grains.

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 2:03 pm
Pasteurized means that it has been heat-treated to kill germs. However, the heat also changes the milk in undesired ways such as removing helpful enzymes that make it get digested better. When milk is handled cleanly and kept refrigerated, it's unlikely to develop dangerous germs. Pasteurization was invented in times when dairy processing was unsanitary and refrigeration unavailable. So there's a lot of room to say that nowadays the cost of pasteurization outweighs the benefits. However, there is a tendency to just stick with status quo and this is not something most people are aware of or care about, so raw milk is hard to come by.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics