Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Acne help??
Previous  1  2

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
This is confusing. So why go to a dermatologist if they will put you on too many things that will dry you out and cause oil overproduction? You ended up stopping most of what they put you on...

I am so confused. I feel like there should be something more natural than prescriptions.

Also, maybe she doesn't have acne. Just a bunch of pimples. What is the difference in how you treat it?

Start by asking your pediatrician if they think a derm is warranted, if so the derm can give you further advice based on your dds skin.

country

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 9:47 pm
Im now 36 but when I was a teenager I had terrible acne. someone told me about a place in flatbush. They do facials but use only all natural products. I don't like the idea of using chemicals on a kid. I think she makes the products herself. I was very skeptical but after going a few times it was totally cleared up. She is by ave x in flatbush it's a shlep but was well worth it

I just searched imamother and noticed someone else also mentioned her and seems to be happy. Her name is Edith and the number is 718-646-6831

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....87997

HopeMother

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 3:03 pm
Check out Willing Beauty/willa skincare. PM me if you want some info. I know some people who had amazing results!

Edit to add while I do sell this product its the results that I want to stress to help someone out. I wont give my website on here so that this post can hopefully go through and help you out!

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 3:12 pm
Diet affects acne, especially sugar.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 8:14 pm
How bad is the acne? if it's not so bad her dermatologist can prescribe prescription creams, if worse, she can get antibiotics doxycycline really helps. or accutane if severe. also sometimes birth control pills can be good

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 8:43 pm
Hi all,

Thanks, but I don't even live on the east coast!! Maybe someone in NY is reading this though and can benefit from what you both wrote.

Her pimples/acne/whatever you call it is not soooo bad, but not OK either. In between? She feels hers is the worst of all her friends, poor girl.

I am getting a dermatologist referral.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children