Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Helping my baby stay sleeping

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:16 pm
My four months old takes very short naps, I am going crazy from this. Eg he can sonetines take 2, 30 minute naps I the morning.. How can I get him to sleep longer?

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:19 pm
Have you tried swaddling and a noise machine?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:20 pm
I did, he hates his hands tied.. So I try just his body and he gets so upset and annoyed

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:39 pm
how soon after he wakes up from night time sleep are you putting him down for his first nap?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:41 pm
Between an hour or two later

rgr

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:47 pm
4 months is exactly the age where baby sleep patterns change from newborn to infant. As such, they start having regular sleep cycles. Instead of being like a newborn where they fall directly into a deep sleep, they go through patterns of light sleep and deep sleep. At the end of the cycle if they don't learn how to get into their next sleep cycle they will wake up.

A typical sleep pattern is bet 30- 45 minutes that's why you often see babies waking up after 45 minutes of an nap or after an hour and a half to 2 hours at night. (2 cycles.)

https://babywhispererforums.co.....809.0

agreer

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 3:00 pm
OMG!My baby was exactly liket his till 4months, when we did CIO at night and it helped him learn to fall asleep/stay asleep during naptime.

Start sleep training your baby. it's not too soon.

rgr

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 3:11 pm
CIO at 4 months is very young. If you do make sure will follow through all the way or it is really not fair to the baby.

lucky14

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 3:49 pm
when he wakes up does he seem wide awake? My baby took very short naps. I tried "teaching" him to fall back asleep and making them longer but all it did was get him to cry and be so upset. Finally I realized- he was always happy and fine with his 30 minute naps so I just left his naps alone. They eventually got longer, though there were months of just 30-45 minute naps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics