Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
13 mo old wakes up crying every morning

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 2:58 pm
Help! My baby used to wake up and "sing", babble, or play.

Now, recently, he wakes up crying every morning and I feel so bad! I think he needs more sleep and he's still tired, but he won't go back to sleep... he is getting 11-11.5 hours ...

Any ideas?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 4:09 pm
I had similar experience and discovered my baby had an empty diaper in the morning so cried until she relieved herself. Her bladder must have been hurting and she needed to be fully awake before she could go. This is just one possibility, of course, but may be worth looking into.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 4:37 pm
amother wrote:

Now, recently, he wakes up crying every morning and I feel so bad! I think he needs more sleep and he's still tired, but he won't go back to sleep... he is getting 11-11.5 hours ...

Any ideas?

He may just have more awareness that he's alone than he used to. Or he's waking up hungrier than he used to. If his total hours of sleep in 24 hours match up to what they should be... don't worry about it.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
I had similar experience and discovered my baby had an empty diaper in the morning so cried until she relieved herself. Her bladder must have been hurting and she needed to be fully awake before she could go. This is just one possibility, of course, but may be worth looking into.

Is there anything to do for this?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 7:23 pm
My baby is waking starved - similar age. 11- 12 hours is a long time to go with no food at that age - he probably just wants to eat right away.

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 7:45 pm
Can't help. This is my baby's baseline. She wakes up talkng only once in a blue moon. Every other time she cries. Patience isn't her strong suit

Water Stones

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:

Any ideas?

Can you put him in your bed with you for snuggle for few more hours of sleep? My baby is the same age and she's doing this, too. So I take her in my bed and she sleeps the rest of her sleep needs. Maybe he is missing you.

lucky14

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 10:09 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Can't help. This is my baby's baseline. She wakes up talkng only once in a blue moon. Every other time she cries. Patience isn't her strong suit

Mine too. He likes to eat RIGHT away. He's over a year and has always been like this.

to the OP: what gets him to stop crying?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 10:49 pm
Seashells wrote:
Can you put him in your bed with you for snuggle for few more hours of sleep? My baby is the same age and she's doing this, too. So I take her in my bed and she sleeps the rest of her sleep needs. Maybe he is missing you.

I wish! girls are so yummy and snuggly...

To answer PP, as soon as I take him out he stops crying. And he doesn't need to eat right away - he eats an hour later (we play and get dressed first and he doesn't cry).

I don't want this to be normal - just a month ago he was getting up happy, after the same amount of sleep time, so I don't know what changed.

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 2:21 am
Both my girls wake up crying until I get them. I figured that is their way of getting my attention!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 8:18 am
Do you have a baby monitor in your room? He may be waking up early and is quiet/content for a while, but eventually gets bored and wants you to come get him. If you listen for gentle waking sounds, go get him before he gets to the crying stage.

Either that, or just wait for him to grow out of it, which he will do as soon as he figures out how to climb out of his crib. Then you'll get woken up by "Eeeema, I'm hungweeeee!" and little hands patting you on the face. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics