Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you have a Home depot kitchen?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 9:38 am
after many years we have some money do fix up our house but its not a lot to what we need done . I cant just spend it all on doing a kitchen bec we have other things that we need to do first. if I did a home depot kitchen it might be doable but don't know if its worth it to spend the money or wait till I can put in a better quality kitchen ? my kitchen now is over 30 years old and not in the best shape but not the worst (it was not well taken care of by the past owners) but we been here more then 5 years already.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:26 am
Home Depot has a variety of choices. Some are probably better than others. We got stock cabinets, I don't remember if they were from HD or Lowes and after five years they're holding up ok. And I got a linoleum floor that I love that's doing great.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:10 am
When I was researching kitchens, either Home Depot or Loewe had Kraftmaid Kitchens which is a well respected middle of the line brand. You can get a very expensive kitchen if you get all the bells and whistles - go to the Kitchenmaid website and you can see all the options in terms of doors as well as interior customizations. They also have an even more upscale Euro design option - or at least they did when I was researching.

Kraftmaid is sold by other kitchen designers as their entry level option but it's not low quality.

If you want to do some legwork you can actually do better in terms of price than either Loewe or Home Depot but it involves essentially doing research and buying the components separately. If you want granite, find a stone yard and buy from the stone yard.

There are kitchen appliance stores that are less expensive than Loewes or HD. In my neck of the woods there are scratch and dent stores for example that sell stuff that is not really damaged but just open stock. Or order from the internet and save a lot on tax.

Fixtures can be bought over the internet for enormous savings. Again you have to be willing to do the work and research.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, May 10 2017, 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total

cm

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:18 am
Another vote for Kraftmaid.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:45 am
Amarante wrote:
save a lot on tax..

do what you do - but legally you need to pay state sales tax with your personal tax return if you purchased something and didn't pay tax on (and you live in a state with a sales tax).

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:47 am
Have you looked into an Ikea kitcen? I know someone who renovated and then didnt have alot of money left for kitcen. She did alot of research and found that an Ikea kitchen got her the most bang for her bucks. Four years old kitchen, little children and its holding up beautifully. Looks brand new.
Posting anonymously bec alot of people know about this.

cnc

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
do what you do - but legally you need to pay state sales tax with your personal tax return if you purchased something and didn't pay tax on (and you live in a state with a sales tax).

Can you link to this?

studying_torah

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 12:17 pm
Kraft maid or kitchen maid? Both were mentioned , Amarante, but I think they're diff levels of quality.
Also, HD charges extra for every little thing, acc to what the rep we spoke to told us. So it might not be as cheap as it initially seems.
Are you looking to change the layout, or just update the look? It might be cheaper to refinish the cabinetry or do cabinet refacing, replace the countertops , replace hardware, even appliances. Cabinetry is the most expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics