Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working and spending summer in a boys camp.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 9:53 pm
Dh and I were just offered a package to go to a boys camp. It would be a 12 month job for me and a summer job for dh who is a teacher during the year. I would have to work long hours in the summer in the office but I would never have to cook. Three meals a day are served in the staff dining room by a lovely highschool age waiter. I would have a two bedroom bungalow with very minimal kitchen facilities so not much cleaning to do. I have three kids, oldest is in nursery. The idea sounds very good to me - mainly the no cooking bit and my kids will have space to run around outside. Did anyone ever work in camp. Did u love it or hate it. I live in brooklyn now but didnt grow up here and am not familiar with the whole catskills scene.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 9:56 pm
What will the babies be doing when you are working?

cnc

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 10:00 pm
A few points to take into consideration:
Will you be paid as well?
Will you be provided with childcare? ;day camp , mothers helper etc ..

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 10:04 pm
Yes I will be paid a regular 12 month salary. Dh will not really make much maybe a few thousand bungalow and camp is his salary. I will have a mothers helper from 9-5 and there is a staff daycamp for staff kids. Did anyone on here work in a camp. Did u love or hate it.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 10:21 pm
I don't understand. How/why will you be paid year round for a summer job?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
I don't understand. How/why will you be paid year round for a summer job?

How do you sign up your son in March for camp if no one is working in the local office?

seeker

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 12:14 am
I think it's a personality thing. Some love it, some hate it. I would definitely ask for more office assistants during the summer so you don't have to spend too many hours away from your babies. It's cool to have mother's helpers but you also want a turn to parent and not spend 15 hours a day in a camp office.

You also need to consider the year-round implications. Did you have a better idea for year-round work? Because clearly this is not just about the summer.

Personally I think there's nothing like country time for growing young kids, and any job that comes with both a bungalow and a salary is a nice way to get there. But it really needs to work within your life.

asd3

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 9:16 am
I worked in a camp where my husband was also working day and night. It was not fun and very hard to take care of the kids even with mothers helpers and camp because during boys camp the girls had to be under 12 so the mothers helper was young. And the daycamp waa staffed with girls under 12 and a couple of older boys but also did not work out well. If just one parent is working it's doable but for two parents to work during a boys camp it's very hard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics