Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Baby perfume
Previous  1  2  3  Next

yksraya

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:19 pm
Sweater
pacifier clip
Bonnet/hat
Shampoo/lotions set like burts bees etc
Booties
Cool diaper bag

sleepybeauty

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:21 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Hooded towels are my go-to gift

Another vote for hooded towels, they're so cute!
I also love the Aiden+Anais swaddle blankets, WubbaNubs, and anything personalized.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:37 pm
I just checked Burberry perfume for babies is $29? shock

Further proof that there are people with more money than sense.

return2You

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:43 pm
I once got a really expensive Bvlgari baby perfume from a rich relative. I used it as a closet freshener in my kids clothing closets. My kids clothing smelled heavenly. Not perfumery or floral just...soft and yet sophisticated. Totally transformed a simple carters tee into something "better" lol. I would never spray on my babies clothing and certainly not on my baby.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:49 pm
return2You wrote:
I once got a really expensive Bvlgari baby perfume from a rich relative. I used it as a closet freshener in my kids clothing closets. My kids clothing smelled heavenly. Not perfumery or floral just...soft and yet sophisticated. Totally transformed a simple carters tee into something "better" lol. I would never spray on my babies clothing and certainly not on my baby.

I wonder if infants can tell the difference from the Bvlgari and the Burts Bees?

cnc

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:33 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I love it. I use it. I splurge on it

How do you use it? You spray it on the baby as an adult would?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
From what I gather, most of you would not appreciate that as a gift. Thanks for all the responses!

Any other ideas for a baby gift other than an outfit, blanket, or toys?

Tia

I got one! And used it till it was all done. Gave such a yummy soft fragrance. Not an intense purfume smell.
But, if you dont want to buy it. Are there other siblings? I always appreciated when people would buy gifts for my older kids.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:51 pm
I ask ahead to see if they want diaper service, diapers of their choice, some cards for takeout or a few hours of cleaning help etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 2:01 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I ask ahead to see if they want diaper service, diapers of their choice, some cards for takeout or a few hours of cleaning help etc.

THIS. Depending on how wealthy the family is.

I was not particularly well off when I adopted DD. She got lots of fun gifts (no perfume, thank G-d), but the most thoughtful one that I remember well, was a huge jumbo pack of diapers.

Having them around as backup let me relax and not have to run out to the store when I ran out of the brand that fit slightly better. When you're overtired and your baby is cranky, you don't have to panic if you've just realized that you're almost out of X brand, when you know you have a pack of Y brand in the closet.

DrMom

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 4:02 pm
Other gift ideas:
- A sleepsack
- One of those sheepskin furry stroller liners
- plastic bowls that suction-cup onto a high chair tray (for when the baby is older, obviously)
- cure cuddly baby clothes

MitzadSheini

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 4:42 pm
Get perfumed body wash or bath oil for the MOM.

Ruchel

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 5:00 pm
it’s a very normal gift, though a bit old school. No one in France live their life assuming their child is allergic. They also don’t deprive them of random food items because “he might be allergic” or forbid peanuts (why peanuts and not others? Go know) in whole buildings. I see it’s not the answer you wanted, but you asked.
Personally I love baby smells so I don’t use perfume, but I certainly had it on me as a baby. Regular brands are Tartine et chocolat for example. People still use. Or they use more modern brands. Or they use scented baby soaps etc. it’s not about smelling bad (do you never use perfume). I would never have guessed it was so offensive for Americans that people thank G-d for not receiving it. Mamash makes me scared to visit and do constant gaffes. People are so sensitive

Iymnok

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 5:10 pm
For my first, someone gave me a big basket with a hooded towel with her name on it, Johnson's shampoo and baby wash, baby powder, a pack of pacifiers, a baby brush and comb, and a couple toys.
Those basic bath things made the difference. I like to go for practical.
Baby shampoo
Head to toe baby wash
Anything with the baby's name embroidered on it
Headband and socks for a girl
suspenders and a cap for a boy

myself

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 6:35 pm
I received one as a gift but never used it. It's supposedly chemical free, but I prefer babies au natural.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 10:37 pm
It's a very Latin thing.
They put a drop of baby cologne on the baby brush and brush the hair.
They also brush their toddler and kids hair with baby cologne.
I use to do this with my kids.
The teachers use to love checking their hair because it always smelled so good.
Also, my kids never got lice, don't know if the baby cologne kept them away.

yksraya

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
It's a very Latin thing.
They put a drop of baby cologne on the baby brush and brush the hair.
They also brush their toddler and kids hair with baby cologne.
I use to do this with my kids.
The teachers use to love checking their hair because it always smelled so good.
Also, my kids never got lice, don't know if the baby cologne kept them away.

I assume it has alcohol and therefore no lice. My MIL used to brush the kids hair with alcohol to kill lice and to help them not attract any new ones.

cm

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 10:44 pm
Out of curiosity, I looked at Amazon, and according to the reviews it seems that some adults who like light, clean scents use it for themselves. Maybe a Mom-gift, if you're close with the mother and know what she likes (scent is very personal and some adults, myself included, never use any).

baked ziti

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 10:45 pm
A Mustela gift set
Pretty onesies from petit bateau
When I had my baby a few weeks ago someone thoughtfully gave my two older kids books as a gift. It was such a nice gesture.

sweetdimples

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:15 am
Yes I luv the bvlgari one! I think the scent is called petit et mamans. Its alcohol free and smells so fresh and clean. I sneak a bit on myself as well Smile I got the baby lotion also...yummy!

DrMom

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:22 am
myself wrote:
I received one as a gift but never used it. It's supposedly chemical free, but I prefer babies au natural.

Technically, this makes no sense. Everything is a "chemical."

Anyhow, I agree with whomever said that babies smell just yummy as they are (except when they have soiled diapers)! Who smother their natural lovely scent with artificial scents?

Sounds like some people have worked very hard to create a market for another unnecessary product.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics