Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump warns Comey, mentions tapes.
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 1:40 pm
http://www.reuters.com/article.....881YJ

What on the tapes would incriminate Comey who is considered super honest and straight.

What could Comey have said that would change everyone's opinion of Comey's honesty?

Is this just an empty threat?

Jeanette

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 1:54 pm
I can't comment because I haven't consulted Breitbart yet for my talking points.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 1:59 pm
I think we should be more concerned about the presidents threats to close down press access and limit it to written items only.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 2:27 pm
Mevater wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-fbi-idUSKBN1881YJ

What on the tapes would incriminate Comey who is considered super honest and straight.

What could Comey have said that would change everyone's opinion of Comey's honesty?

Is this just an empty threat?

Trump was making recordings?

OK, so I guess that Comey is Archibald Cox. Sessions and Rosenstein are Robert Bork. Trump, obviously, is Nixon. But who in the Trump administration has the integrity of Elliot Richardson or William Ruckelshaus? And, more importantly, who gets to be Rosemary Woods?

ETA -- and although we know that Trump has a "wonderful" dinner with Comey, did it include "the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you've ever seen"? And would the "tapes" include the fact that, in advance of the dinner, Comey told others that Trump invited him, and that he didn't want to go because of the appearance of impropriety? Or that Trump reportedly asked Comey for "loyalty" which Comey was unwilling to give, although he promised "honesty."

Mevater

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 2:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Or that Trump reportedly asked Comey for "loyalty" which Comey was unwilling to give, although he promised "honesty."

So why would Trump threaten Comey if a tape would incriminate HIM and make Comey smell like roses?

Amarante

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 2:58 pm
Trump has always been surrounded by sycophants so he has been able to get away with the kind of outrageous lies he spins because no one corrects him. He is the kind of idiot who doesn't know the extent of his lack of knowledge. Who knew health care was so complicated!!!! No one but him.

I deal with this kind of person and recently had the pleasure of attending his deposition. Although I had documents (and lack of documents), he would, under oath, claim that he had paperwork. Of course paperwork had never been submitted just as tapes don't exist to back up Trump's delusional version of events.

Jeanette

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 3:11 pm
But it's driving the press crazy! Look, they're having meltdowns all over the place. Look what a masterful manipulator Trump is. This last tweetstorm was just a stroke of genius! He needs to keep this up just to show us how it's the press that's really the problem.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 3:42 pm
Mevater wrote:
So why would Trump threaten Comey if a tape would incriminate HIM and make Comey smell like roses?

Because its Trump who allegedly has the tapes. If there are tapes. He can threaten, and make it sound like Comey did something wrong. And its completely up to him whether or not to release them. Like his tax returns.

Since when has honesty meant anything to Trump? He admits he lied about relying on Sessions and Rosenstein's reports to fire Comey. He tweeted, "As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy!...." He calls anything not flattering to him "fake news." So of course he'd make things up.

Mevater

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:20 pm
In response to above, why did Hashem make the most pro-Israel president to date, with close ties to Orthodox Jews, a meshuggener?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:32 pm
Jeanette wrote:
But it's driving the press crazy! Look, they're having meltdowns all over the place. Look what a masterful manipulator Trump is. This last tweetstorm was just a stroke of genius! He needs to keep this up just to show us how it's the press that's really the problem.

And that the Democrats fabricated the whole Russia thing to excuse Clinton's defeat.

You are absolutely right. Trump's ability to obfuscate is second to none. He controls the conversation, and successfully diverts attention from important things. Give the man credit where credit is due.

MrsDash

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:38 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I can't comment because I haven't consulted Breitbart yet for my talking points.

I love you Rolling Laughter Mr. Green

allthingsblue

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:39 pm
Mevater wrote:
In response to above, why did Hashem make the most pro-Israel president to date, with close ties to Orthodox Jews, a meshuggener?

Life is not simple. Why would you think Hashem runs the world in a simple way?
Just goes to show that being close with Orthodox Jews and professing to love Israel is not a be-all-and-end-all, and orthodox Jewish voters should have thought about that before running to give trump their vote.
Anyway, what makes trump more pro-Israel than, say, George w bush?
So far, trump has not moved the embassy (not that I think he should; I think that's just bound to lead to needless loss of Jewish life), and he had put out words of caution with regard to settlement building. How is he any different than the others (Obama excluded)?

Amarante

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:39 pm
Jeanette wrote:

He's not a master manipulator. He's destroying the credibility of the Presidency and all those who work for him.

One can't believe a word that he says because with complete impunity, he and his representatives and surrogates will state the exact opposite the next day with a complete lack of shame.

By firing the head of the FBI in the middle of an investigation into those who surround the Presidency, he is leading the country into the same kind of constitutional crisis as Nixon did with the Saturday Night Massacre.

It took him 18 days to fire Flynn after the acting Attorney General told him that the man represented a SECURITY THREAT TO THE COUNTRY but the head of the FBI had to go immediately for no pressing reason except that it apparently he had asked for more funding for the probe into the Russian/Trump connection. Mad

Mevater

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:10 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
How is he any different than the others (Obama excluded)?

NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY NIKKI HALEY

And Trump's choice for Ambassador to Israel. Can it get better than that?

"TRUMP'S U.N. AMBASSADOR NIKKI HALEY PLEDGES TO END 'ISRAEL-BASHING'"

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-.....75092

Last edited by Mevater on Fri, May 12 2017, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:25 pm
Mevater wrote:
Trump's choice for Ambassador to Israel. Can it get better than that? Nikki Haley's words at the United Nations? ... etc

"TRUMP'S U.N. AMBASSADOR NIKKI HALEY PLEDGES TO END 'ISRAEL-BASHING'"

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-.....75092

John Bolton (bush's pick for ambassador) was a great friend of Israel too.

Mevater

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:33 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
John Bolton (bush's pick for ambassador) was a great friend of Israel too.

He may have been good as well, but she clearly outdoes them all.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 7:09 pm
I agree, Nikki Haley is terrific!

Fox

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 11:37 pm
Y'all are behind! Just watch CNN with a large tumbler of your favorite alcoholic beverage. Take a sip every time Anderson Cooper rolls his eyes when interviewing some Trump administration official. Within 1-2 interviews, you won't even remember who the current president is.

The game ends when you start remembering Jimmy Carter with fondness or when Cooper's control snaps and he calls Kellyanne Conway "Miss Thing," whichever comes first.

Jeanette

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:07 am
Fox wrote:
Y'all are behind! Just watch CNN with a large tumbler of your favorite alcoholic beverage. Take a sip every time Anderson Cooper rolls his eyes when interviewing some Trump administration official. Within 1-2 interviews, you won't even remember who the current president is.

The game ends when you start remembering Jimmy Carter with fondness or when Cooper's control snaps and he calls Kellyanne Conway "Miss Thing," whichever comes first.

Ayup, glad we finally agree on what REALLY matters to the country.

Impeach Cooper!

Mevater

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:37 am
The question is, will Trump remain Pres long enough to help Israel?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics