Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Mother's Day gift

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 4:20 pm
My husband has been asking me to tell him what I want for Mother's Day. But I cant think of anything! Anyone have any ideas?

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 4:25 pm
I have no husband, just an ex. If I did, I woild like a day off- buy supper, go get a massage, mani/pedi and have a chilled take care of me day! Everyone had got their own needs. Do what makes u happy!

amother
Blue

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 4:28 pm
I'm happy with a card. Maybe flowers. That's how we've always celebrated growing up.

How about perfume, a wallet or special key chain? Do you know how much he wants to spend? What sort of things do you enjoy?

zaq

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 5:07 pm
Well if you don't know, how should anyone else? Your dh shouldn't buy you a gift just to be yotze. I suggest that you start keeping a wish list for yourself. Any time you get a hankering for something you don't have, or notice that something you have is showing its age, add it to the list. Then before each occasion, choose one of those items and ask dh to buy it for you. It's a win win: your dh doesn't waste money on something you won't like and you don't get burdened with cliche gifts you don't want.

Last edited by zaq on Fri, May 12 2017, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:00 pm
zaq wrote:
Well if you don't know, how should anyone else? Your dh shouldn't buy you a gift just tone yotze. I suggest that you start keeping a wish list for yourself. Any time you get a hankering for something you don't have, or notice that something you have is showing its age, add it to the list. Then before each occasion, choose one of those items and ask dh to buy it for you. It's a win win: your dh doesn't waste money on something you won't like and you don't get burdened with cliche gifts you don't want.

Good idea thanks!

samantha87

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 6:06 pm
zaq wrote:
Well if you don't know, how should anyone else? Your dh shouldn't buy you a gift just tone yotze. I suggest that you start keeping a wish list for yourself. Any time you get a hankering for something you don't have, or notice that something you have is showing its age, add it to the list. Then before each occasion, choose one of those items and ask dh to buy it for you. It's a win win: your dh doesn't waste money on something you won't like and you don't get burdened with cliche gifts you don't want.

Sage advice!

zaq

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 7:22 pm
samantha87 wrote:
Sage advice!
Common scents, just in thyme. (Dodging rotten tomatoes)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics