Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tenaim at wedding - Not Chassidish
Previous  1  2  3

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:37 pm
crust wrote:
I didn't say it's a problem. I haven't heard of it. I thought it was something I don't get.
Now, I am respectfully curious if this is a minhag and where it comes from.

Its not a minhag. Its not wanting to lose your kesubathe night of your wedding and then never picking it up from your mothers house.

sky

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:37 pm
I don't think its a minhag exactly. It just happens or works out.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Its not a minhag. Its not wanting to lose your kesubathe night of your wedding and then never picking it up from your mothers house.

If any dd of mine gave me her kesubah for safekeeping after the wedding, I'd be delivering it to her door within the week. It's her document, not mine. She's responsible for it, not me. When my kids get married, I hand over all the important and not-so-important papers that I've been holding for them. They're adults now. It's time for them to take control of their dossier. If they cant be trusted with their papers, why do we think we can trust them to head a household?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
If any dd of mine gave me her kesubah for safekeeping after the wedding, I'd be delivering it to her door within the week. It's her document, not mine. She's responsible for it, not me. When my kids get married, I hand over all the important and not-so-important papers that I've been holding for them. They're adults now. It's time for them to take control of their dossier. If they cant be trusted with their papers, why do we think we can trust them to head a household?

So call my mother and tell her to return it to me. After 12 years of marriage, maybe I'll finally be able to head my household properly. Honestly, I don't get what you're getting so excited about.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:21 pm
Thanks for all the responses!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:47 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
So call my mother and tell her to return it to me. After 12 years of marriage, maybe I'll finally be able to head my household properly. Honestly, I don't get what you're getting so excited about.
. No You should go to your moms house and get it yourself. It's your responsibility not hers. She should charge you for storage.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
. No You should go to your moms house and get it yourself. It's your responsibility not hers. She should charge you for storage.

Ok. I'll tell her you said so.

Now go relax and get yourself an nice massage or something. I think you can use it.

cnc

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:22 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ok. I'll tell her you said so.

Now go relax and get yourself an nice massage or something. I think you can use it.

Lol. LOL
I'm seriously trying to figure out why amother is getting so worked up.
A massage always solves everything. (Or chocolate)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics