Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Chillul Shabbos for a graduation??!!! Chas veshalom!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:59 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I'm so curious what law school this was, where people were given an opportunity to object at a graduation ceremony, and also, where people took the bar exam before graduating.
Maybe law school processes have evolved so it's certainly interesting to learn more about this evolution. Where was this?

Can't speak to the OP, or answer any of your questions, but law school practices have definitely evolved. My grandmother a"h said that, in her day, one could apply to law school straight out of high school. This was in the mid 1920's.

My progressive grandmother applied to Brooklyn Law School and was rejected as they were not taking females. Unfortunately I can't verify whether this was actually stated in the rejection letter. Either way, it's a reminder of different times!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 11:01 pm
amother wrote:
I wonder if you took the time to read my original post?
I started this thread in reference to a different post. But do you have a problem with the part that I am proud of a grandfather that had a bigger nisayon than yours and stuck to his guns?

I think this post says everything we need to know about the op of this thread and her intention in starting it and her raging sinat chinam. Personally, I don't hold by people who are so pious that they are reverent of god but not Ben Adam be chavero. I think we all know what happens when sinat chinsm happens unchecked. You'll get credit for keeping shabbat, but you'll get hell for your sinat chinam.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 11:05 pm
[quote="amother"]I didn't say she is doing malacha. I am just saying what my Zaida did for shabbos in Law school compared to a graduation. I am not a Rabbi to say what she should do. It's just definitely not kavod shabbos.[/quote

You are a real piece of work. Why not just admit your judgement and disdain for her? Adding lying to your sinat Chinam?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics