Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Should my son be responsible to lay out the money?
Previous  1  2

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:25 am
Update two boys still did not pay back

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:38 am
Are you talking about a few shekel per kid or a more significant amount like 10-20 nis each? I would call their parents or call the Rebbi and tell him to call those parents.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:51 am
$10.00 a kid

Aylat

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 11:07 am
What's been done so far to get the kids to pay up?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 11:19 am
Look op I think were at a point were if the 2 boys haven't paid up, they probably won't unless you take this a little further. Here are 2 ideas:

1. Send the 2 moms a friendly and polite text that your son laid out $10 and if they can please send the money in. This should do the trick.
2. Call the rebbe and have him speak to the boys asking them to bring in $10. You should ask the rebbe to ask the boys if they brought in the money every day until they pay. This should also do the trick.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 11:23 am
amother wrote:
Update two boys still did not pay back

It seems like you're overly focused on the boys who didn't pay instead of dealing with the fact that your son used his (I.e. your) credit card irresponsibly, and not for the first time.

yksraya

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 12:45 pm
Next time, your son should tell the rebbe "I will ask my parents permission first". If it happened more than once, was your son offering to do the collecting, or was he asked to?

I think $10 per boy is in general a bit expensive for collecting. He should've divided between the boys who brings what instead of collecting money and have one boy lay it out for everyone. Perhaps a phone call to the rebbe is warranted if this happens again (before your son agrees to the collecting).

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 5:55 pm
It seems like my son offered. He is in High School so I don't think I feel comftorable getting involved or texting the parents. My concern is when my son saw he was $45.00 short when paying should he of consulted with me if its ok to put the extra money on the credit card or not? He knows one of the kids that still owe him money hates paying back.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 5:57 pm
Of course he should have consulted you.
It seems to me like he should not have your credit card is the first place; doesn't seem like he's fully aware of the whole concept of financial responsibility.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 12:47 am
Why was he using the credit card? He collected cash, he should spend the cash he collected. End of story.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children