Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Career ideas
1  2  Next

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:32 pm
I've been an at home mother for years. I have a bachelors degree in early childhood education. I've been an at home mother for years, and need to reeenter the workforce. I need to figure out a plan careerwise, so I can ultimately be able to earn $ 70-90,000. Of course, I realize that I would probably need to go back to school. Any ideas? Thanx

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:38 pm
Do you still want to focus on little kids?

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:41 pm
I'm open to any suggestions. I do enjoy working with younger children, but I could hear other ideas too.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:48 pm
An accelerated nursing program.

cnc

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:49 pm
How about working in the public school system?

lora

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:52 pm
Special ed, health para, p3 tutoring, pretty school.
What interests you?

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:55 pm
What are: health para, p3 tutoring, pretty school?

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:24 pm
No health para is going to make 70-90k a year, and P3 tutor is extremely unlikely to as well. Special ed teacher after several years of experience and preferably a specialized field can probably reach that range.

That's just within education, in a nutshell. If you're interested in looking outside education, there are a lot more options depending on what you're good at and what you're willing to invest in your own training.

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 3:55 am
Yes, I'm interested in hearing what else would work outside education

lora

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:52 am
The fields are endless you can just log into any College site And get a list of careers like accounting, Dr, nurse, lawyer, chef, therapist, nutritionist, sales rep, real estate agent and what not

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:54 am
an accelerated nursing program would just be a year or so since you already have a bachelors. Starting pay is pretty good and if you work overtime you make time and a half. Great benefits. Lots of options of what you want to do with the degree. Ob/Peds/Med surge/ER/geriatrics/oncology/ICU/NICU...

cm

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:58 am
How much education are you willing to do, and how much are you willing to spend?

What are your strengths and interests?

Do you see yourself as an employee or an entrepreneur? If in the US, will you need health insurance?

seeker

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:45 am
Order a copy of "What Color is Your Parachute." The question as it is now is much too broad for anyone here to help. There is no limit to the amount of fields you could look into and us throwing out random jobs in that salary range is pointless. This book is not a hard read and has great advice for choosing a career.

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 12:37 pm
I could see myself going back to school part time for 2 years, if possible. I see myself as an employee, not an entrepreneur. Yes, I'll need health insurance. My strengths: I'm a team player, work well with people in general, great with kids. I'm easygoing, and positive. Weaknesses: I'm not so organized, don't do well with processing numbers, and science quickly. I don't have computer skills, or good writing skills.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:19 pm
Maybe this would be of interest to you.

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:56 pm
I didn't follow the last post. Huh?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't follow the last post. Huh?

click on the word "this" in that post.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:52 am
Bump.. I tried clicking on This, but it didn’t work..??

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:05 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Maybe this would be of interest to you.

Link is broken
Try googling TTI programs

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:07 am
seeker wrote:
No health para is going to make 70-90k a year, and P3 tutor is extremely unlikely to as well. Special ed teacher after several years of experience and preferably a specialized field can probably reach that range.

That's just within education, in a nutshell. If you're interested in looking outside education, there are a lot more options depending on what you're good at and what you're willing to invest in your own training.

In the DOE, if you have 30 credits above your master's, starting salary is $68K.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics