Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
My response (OP) to the Grad Shabbos Debate (thread closed)
1  2  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:12 pm
Thank you to all that have defended me, your words mean more than you can ever imagine.

I started my original post before I was going to ask my Rav about attending the ceremony. I wanted to ensure I had all my questions and bases covered. I asked you all for help in ID’ing situations I may come across that I should inquire about.

I am not chassidish, but I am good frum jew. This entire thread truly saddens me. I saw a quote today, “People are too lazy to think, and so they judge”. I hope god is so busy that he doesn’t read imamother forums, because if he does, woe unto us. Ladies, go out of your comfort zone and do something or say something nice for someone that isn’t a carbon copy of yourself. Stop judging. That’s all I’m going to say.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:21 pm
I'm proud of you and your accomplishments! Ignore all the haters out there.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:32 pm
My congratulations to you again. I hope you enjoy your graduation, and go on to have a happy and successful career.

Miri7

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:46 pm
Mazal tov on your graduation and for doing so with distinction! Enjoy the ceremony!

crust

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:04 pm
I guess I missed that thread. Just sharing in your excitement. I am happy you are graduating! Boy does the Jewish world need Jewish professionals.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:40 pm
im sadend that you said you were satmar and that you asked your rabbi about this. thats what got me upset. because you know good and well that a satmar or any chasidish dayan would not ok this. and it really doesnt matter if you asked a dayan or not. nobodys business. you know what your doing and so does hashem. im defending the op from the other thread because it came from a good place she didnt mean to hurt anyone. it was taken wrong.

other then that you should go on and be matzliach. may you do good things with your profession. if its done with good intentions hashem will be there with you.

no you are not satmar. and its ok that you are not. im not judging you for that. but to tell us that your chasidish satmar is hurting that community. because this doesnt represent satmar.

again I wish you all of luck and success.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:53 pm
Maybe op was chasidish / satmar in the past but not anymore....

I didn't read the thread (was it removed?)re the graduation just the second one.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
im sadend that you said you were satmar and that you asked your rabbi about this. thats what got me upset. because you know good and well that a satmar or any chasidish dayan would not ok this. and it really doesnt matter if you asked a dayan or not. nobodys business. you know what your doing and so does hashem. im defending the op from the other thread because it came from a good place she didnt mean to hurt anyone. it was taken wrong.

other then that you should go on and be matzliach. may you do good things with your profession. if its done with good intentions hashem will be there with you.

no you are not satmar. and its ok that you are not. im not judging you for that. but to tell us that your chasidish satmar is hurting that community. because this doesnt represent satmar.

I would so love to PM you, as I have much to say regarding your post. I refuse to engage publicly. I doubt you will risk providing your screen name though, as Internet/smartphones are supposedly forbidden in satmar.

Water Stones

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:17 pm
Congratulations and only success and happiness to you!!!❤️

crust

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:
im sadend that you said you were satmar and that you asked your rabbi about this. thats what got me upset. because you know good and well that a satmar or any chasidish dayan would not ok this.
What can be this big thing that a chassidish dayan would say no to? Does she have to sign anything on Shabbos?
Oops! I guess that's why the thread was locked. I guess I was born a day or two too late

pause

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:

She did not say she's Satmar. She said she had a Satmar education. I would assume that means she went to Satmar school.

I thought it was pretty obvious from the rest of her post that she is not (or no longer) chassidish.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:04 pm
OOC - Did your Rav say that it would be completely l'chatchila to attend? If yes, what sort of community does he belong to?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:19 pm
Mazal Tov!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:41 pm
Mazel Tov, wonderful accomplishment!

tichellady

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
OOC - Did your Rav say that it would be completely l'chatchila to attend? If yes, what sort of community does he belong to?

Why is this your business???

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:55 pm
OP, don't let them rain on your parade.

Congratulations and best wishes on a bright future.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:09 am
tichellady wrote:

Sorry I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to ask any questions on this forum. OP is the one who brought it up again by opening a new thread about it.
It makes sense to me that after the debate on this topic, we should hear the Rabbi's perspective on it.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:15 am
amother wrote:
Sorry I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to ask any questions on this forum. OP is the one who brought it up again by opening a new thread about it.
It makes sense to me that after the debate on this topic, we should hear the Rabbi's perspective on it.

There wasn't a debate.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:18 am
tichellady wrote:

The op is voluntarily bringing up this discussion again. She's putting it out there that she received a heter. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask a question of someone posting information in this site.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
There wasn't a debate.

Whatever - I'm not very learned in these sort of things and I'm just curious on the halachic view. That's all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics